Thyroid Disorders Community
Just told my pituitary gland is enlarged

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hello everyone.  I am new to this site.   Just had a brain MRI.  Got a call from the Doc's office stating that my pituitary gland is possibly enlarged.  Have another appointment this Friday with him.   For the past year and a half I have been having dull one-sided headaches.  Pressure behind the eye on the right side.  I have been complaining of this for a while and finally my doc sent me for an MRI.   Is this always a tumor?  My vision is a little blurry at times (while trying to read small print)  but, I thought it was due to aging.  I am 41.   Any info or help would be appreciated.  Thanks
Tags: pituitary gland, enlarged
The only way to really know is to have further testing. I think getting that done is very important.

I really do not know of anything other than swelling or tumor when the pitutiary is enlarged.

Really it is something that can be treated - Don't fret. it can be fixed.