Thyroid Disorders Community
Knowledge needed.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Knowledge needed.....

Hi, I posted recently about my current ordeal of hypo. I received my labs and thought I would post them here to get your thoughts.

Diagnosed in April 2011 with tsh of 12, not given any more info than that, didn't know I needed it.  Gyn put me on .75 levo.. Felt great for a couple of weeks then started to feel like I had something in my throat and started having chest pains. Gyn thought I had GERD so he put me on prilosec for a while which seemed to help. Chest pains came back and in September I was exhausted so in went to my GP. Blood test in august showed;

Ft3 2.8 (2.3-4.2) ref range
Free t4 1.35 (0.75-2.00)

GP lowered my levo to .50 and added lyothyonine .25 in September. Chest pains dimished.

2 months later I was gaining weight and chest pains were coming back. Had blood drawn November 2 and that test only showed tsp .443 range .550-4.780

Within this past week, I have felt and looked puffy and my eyes are starting to get that itchy, dry feeling again.

Any thoughts.  Thanks so much for your time!!
TSH not tsp:)
I would suggest that you go in for some tests to determine your current levels of Free T3 and Free T4, along with TSH.  Also, since Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is the most common cause of hypothyroidism, it would be a good idea to test for the thyroid antibodies.  These tests are TPO ab and TG ab.  Having Hashi's would explain some of the changes you have experienced.  

While you are there, I also suggest that you get tests for Vitamin A, D, B12, iron/ferritin, zinc, selenium, RBC magnesium.  Hypo patients are frequently low in these areas as well, so it would be good to verify/rule out those areas.

When test results are available, please get a copy of the lab report and post results and reference ranges shown on the lab report and members will be glad to help interpret and advise further.  
Have to have office visit before they will do another test. I'll post when I get the info.