Thyroid Disorders Community
L-Tyrosine and Thyroid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

L-Tyrosine and Thyroid

I plan on taking L-Tyrosine to improve my thyroid function (currently non-med, sub-clinical hypo).  Has anyone taken this, and are there any side effects?  I'm most concerned about hair loss.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
Amino Acids are touchy. You need to be aware of over stimulating certain organs and glands.

I understand you are probably looking to supplement - but looking at one amino acid to preform all the tasks is unreal.

I suggest, if you want to read more about mineral and vitamin depletion - you should check out a whole package to trial.

If you are subclinical and want to look at supplementing first before looking at meds. Talk to your doctor about a package called Fatigue to Fantastic by Dr Tietelbaum. The package is design to enhance thyroid fuction, along with giving the body a full supply of other nutrients. It includes , all the amino acids that need to work together to give the person optimal well being.

Blank
What exactly is L-Tyrosine used for?

I have a friend who takes this and tells me I should take it to feel better, but I DON'T think I should since I had a TT.

I can't take something that will help my thyroid function if I do not have one is what I keep telling her.
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
That's not necessarly true... just b/c you dont' have the gland doesn't mean you don't need it.

Google it - and also iodine.... you will be surpised on what you read.....
Blank
Okay Stella,

I will look into it. I am willing to try anything. Do doctors agree with this amino acid? Can I start taking it, or would I have to consult my doctor?

The only thing I take is 125mcg of Levo, B12 and Aleve.
Blank
Stella, thanks for your response- I will look into this and discuss with my dr.
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
It's a toss up on doctors recommending it. It depend on them I suppose.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...