LDL & Hypothyroidism
I am 45 years old and on Levothyroxine (50MCG) for almost a year now.  

I just got results of my latest bloodtest and my TSH 3 is 2.73, my triglycerides are 93, Cholesterol is 197, HDL is 41 and LDL is 141.  I have been on a diet and have recently lost 30 lbs.  Before I started the diet my TSH 3 was 4.67, triglycerides 206, cholesterol 214, HDL43 and LDL was 130.

So is the elevation of LDLs a indication of the hypothyroidism, hereditary or just diet?  And if diet what can I do naturally to drop it?  I eat plenty of veggies and lean meats.
By the way, I also have occasional achy joints that comes and goes.  Is this a possible side effect?

Thanks,
Arctic_Fox
Elevated cholesterol  overall is a symptom of hypothyroidism.  You still have some room in your TSH level to go lower. Most feel best with a TSH around 1.0 when on T4. Your recent cholesterol levels show that it was your thyroid causing the elevations.  As your TSH gets closer to 1.0, the LDL may improve.  Other things that can help is adding walnuts to cereal or salads and using olive il.

Muscle and joint aches are a symptom of hypothyroidism. They should go away once on the correct dosage. If they stil persist, you may need T3.
LDL is calculated on a formula- when your triglycerides go down, the LDL goes up based on the calculation (and if your TG goes up, your calculated LDL goes down).  Your total cholesterol went down (which is an actual measurement) so you need not worry.