Thyroid Disorders Community
LID- Hemp Milk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

LID- Hemp Milk

FYI- I sent Living Harvest an email asking about the iodine content in their Hemp Milk.  Here is their reply:

Thank you for your interest in Living Harvest products.
There is no iodine in our Hempmilk. The sodium content is derived from the disodium phosphate which is used to balance the pH.
there is no dairy or soy in the product.

Drink up :)
Outstanding news for all having to go on the LID!   =)
Great news Shannon as there are so many who have to go on a LID.
Most drink Soy Milk not knowing that it DOES contain Iodine.
So hopefully they will read your posting and learn from it.
We all learn something new everyday by keeping everyone informed. :)
Yeah, and rice (ie:  Rice Milk) is not allowed on LID and all the nut milks are made with sea salt.  I nearly had a heart attack when I found Hemp Milk in Whole Foods last May when I was prepping for RAI.  After looking at 1000 different nut milks with sea salt and on the verge of tears Hemp Milk was a major victory in my LID life :)
I will look for the Hemp Milk.  However, the nut milk I made only contained water, nuts and turbinado sugar for sweetner.  Thanks for the info.
I also contacted "When Pigs Fly" Bakery and their breads are entirely Iodine Free.  No iodates used and they use non-iodized salt.  For those of us in the North East that is super news, they carry WPF breads at Stop & Shop, Shaw's and Crosby's to name a few.

So, toast some sourdough bread, slap some Fleischman's unsalted margarine on it, and put some Hemp Milk in your coffee.  Tada.  Breakfast LID style :)
Update for all LID sufferers:

I just received the following from Newman's Own!!!:

Dear Ms. Engelhardt,

Newman's Own does not use iodized salt in its products. We hope you
find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Newman's Own customer Service Team

ENJOY!!!
Avatar n tn
oh my god, is that for real!  I have to lid again soon.  I love you paul newman!
i know i am a year and a half late but i have to start the LId monday and the living harvest hemp milk has carageenan and sea salt which is something we cant have on the LID diet. there was a different hemp milk i saw at whole foods it was in a tie dye container and i didnt see any carageenan or sea salt in it. i decided against it at the time but it might help someone. ill have to look into the breads since i am in the north east and i live next door to a crosbys woohoo!!
Thanks for the "WHEN PIGS FLY", bread tip.  I already use unsweetened vanilla HEMP milk with my morning blender drink of FRESH ORGANIC, mango, pineapple, papaya and sheeps yogurt.  I also add a scoop of GARDEN OF LIFE RAW ORGANIC RAW MEAL.
At APPLE TREE produce store,( West Hartford) they carry this awesome mango or pomegrante aloe vera juice, complete with the aloe chunks, but without the bitterness of aloe right from the leaf.  My husband can tolerate the "straight leaf aloe", but the bitterness is just too much and it lasts for hours.  Aloe is great for constipation and your skin.
I am using the HEMP milk for peri-menopause symptoms along with "HOT FLASH", that contains BLACK COHOSH.  I just started taking it 3 x's a day, and am hopeful it will help with the hot flashes and debilitaing cramps. PARKADE HEALTHFOOD said it takes a few weeks to get any results.  I am also hypothyroid, so I have everything working against me.
I have been seeing a mid-wife in my OBGYN's office.  She is kind and so knowledgeable.  Keep your mind open to these lovely woman. Easier to get an appointment with and their "bedside manner", is so much more personable!