Thyroid Disorders Community
LIGHT HEADED,DIZZY??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

LIGHT HEADED,DIZZY??

I was diagnosed with hyper thyroid about 8 years ago i got it radiated and treated,i am taking levothyroxil once daily and my thyroid levels are normal.
About 5 months ago i would randomly get light headed phases but it would only last a few minutes about once a month.About a month ago i was laying in bed and my whole body went numb that had never happened before.I went to the emergency room and the drew blood,looked at my heart everything was fine so they didnt really have an answer.
Since then I have constant headaches,and dizziness if i stand up for to long or am in a warm building does anyone have any ideas what this could be i cant figure it out,thanks.
Dizziness when standing too long sounds like orthostatic intolerance- your blood pressure may drop, causing lightheadedness. It is also known as autonomic dysfunction or dysautonomia.
There is some evidence that this is linked to adrenal dysfunction.
I had dizziness from being hypo which corrected itself after my TSH dropped below 2.
Is your TSH below 2, at least? Or in the "normal"range?
Talk to your doc.  Could be thyroid related or some sort of neurological disorder.
Do you have problems with anxiety?  That is another option.  Sometimes when I have anxiety attacks it feels like my whole body goes numb.  
I have Hashimotos with hypothyroidism and I get dizzy spells and headaches.  My endo doesn't seem to be worried though.  But I think he could be a little crazy?  LOL  
Sorry I couldn't be of much help.  But wanted to you to know that I read your post.
Jessi
PS  I have a problem with my blood pressure dropping when I stand from sitting or bend over and stand too quickly.  Kinda like what kitty is talking about in the above post.
well my thc level was really high and then we got it back to normal and the doctor just told me that it was at a normal level.
i just dont understand it because it got increasinly worse after that insident with my body going numb.
its just constant headaches so its strange
Get copies of your labs and try to post them here.
Many docs are just happy to get the TSH in the normal range of approx. 0.4-4.5.
As a hypo patient on meds, it is recommended to get it down to around 1.
I still was dizzy at a TSH of 2.9. When my dose increased and the TSH came to below 2, the vertigo took a step back.
I am actually on another dose increase b/c the TSH was barely under 2.
kitty9309,

Do you have high antibody counts?  I'm just wondering if that is what is causing my problem.  I was fine on 100mcg, then I became ill.

I think TSH 1 or 2 would be great.  

How do you get yours to stay in one place?  How often do you do blood draws?

Any help would be most apprecitated.

Thanks.
I am going thru alot of testing for light headedness right now during this process I found a over grown lymph node on my neck ( behind right ear ).  They did a cat scan of the neck and have found that I have a " Tiny thyroid nodual"  so, could this cause light headedness?  I am so lost on this ****!  The ENT is going to see if the new antibiotic ( augmentin XR 1000 mg) doesn't make the lymph node smaller by Friday then he will go in and do a byopsy and go from there......I am so scared!  Hate being light headed!  And what infection is my body fighting? I don't feel a thing wrong ( cold etc.) but, there has to be an infection going on somewhere.  The ENT ruled out sinus & ears? What do you all think?
I started  getting constant headaches , and I had my thyroid removed about 2months ago. Something I also get light headed. Can anybody please tell what's going on with me.  
Your post will get more response if you start a new thread of your own, rather than attaching to this old thread.  Just click on the green Post a Question button at the top and re-post your question.  When you do this, also please post whatever thyroid test info you have, along with reference ranges shown on the lab report, so that members can give you the best response.