Thyroid Disorders Community
LOW IGF-1

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

LOW IGF-1

My doctor said I needed to be tested for low growth hormone because my IGF-1 was 86 normal was 126 to something higher I don't rememeber.  But because of some drug they have to order it maybe weeks or months before they can test me.  Is waiting that long a problem.  Also I have a borderline T4 value.  I am very tired all the time.  And I had a vision change about 1 year ago.  Big problems losing weight.  Depressed.  
I hope you get your answer cause I have the same exact thing and would like to know what the issue is.
Hi there - How did your GH stimulation test go?  I just had one done yesterday because my igf-1 was also low, at 85 (range of 138-410). When you consider that the range goes that high, it makes me think that anything below 100 is very deficient. If you could, let me know what came of your test!

Best of luck
going through the same exact thing. extremly fatigued and borderlined depressed. my values were below 5. dr. wants to start me on growth hormone but we have to do specific testing in order for insurance to pay, magine that! currently their checking a few more igf's(cant remember exactly). also doing a glucagon and parlodel test. they both are timed test, blood drawn every so often after you get the two meds.  i also have to have an mri of my pituitary. ive learned that the igi is released from the liver and when the levels are low, the hypothalmus and the pituitary arent communicating properly.. it seems so exhausting and drawn out, i wish they would figure it out i want my life back... hang in there!
Hey I'm sorry to hear that your igf was so low - I haven't heard of that. I'm still waiting on the results of my arginine stimulation test - the wait is torture! Lemme know how your stimulation test and the MRI turn out. Are any of your other hormones low?