Thyroid Disorders Community
Lab Test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Lab Test

I am a 63 yr old male. I have had a 50# weight gain over the last five years, dry skin and I do enjoy a power nap...lol
I had a TSH test last August and it came in at an 18. I had another one Nov 3 and it was 7.5. between the two my Doc put me on Levothyroxine .50. I am now on the same stuff only .75 with another test scheduled for Feb.

I do note my skin is no longer dry...weight has held stable. So what are the long term prospects? By the way all other tests (BP, Cholestrol, Diabetes, etc) in Aug were at the high end of norma and now are about in the mid range (though BP, untreated is 136/80 and I want it lower).

How much of a concern is this? I have read some material that is not overly positive on synthetics (like I am taking) and what do I need to look out for?