Lab results are in and I'm just not satisfied......
I am being treated for PCOS, Anemia and very low Vitamin D......for about 2 months now. I'm taking 1000mg Metformin a day and a dual hormone Birth Control pill (for the PCOS, I had a Tubal last year).

I also have half a Thyroid Gland, have since Cancer struck in 2001. I've been spurred to action, in nailing down firm answers on my health, because the last 12-15 months my body has gone haywire. Gained 50lbs, started getting pale and tired, developed bad sensitivities to dairy and seafood and carbs when they have never bothered me before in life.

Discovered the PCOS, and through labwork found the Anemia and low Vitamin D. I'm now on 750mg of Iron a day and 50,000 iU of Vitamin D a week.

Going over my lab results (that finally just came in the mail), I'm wondering if my Vitamin D and Iron deficencies are triggered by my Thyroid malfunctioning??

My TSH is 3.1 and my FT4 is .8, no T3 was done, the Dr deemed it unnecessary because she insists these Thyroid levels are "normal and fine" and isn't willing to address my Thyroid concerns any further.

With those levels, should I seek a 2nd opinion, or even a referral to an Endocrinologist?? I just FEEL like my Thyroid is struggling to keep up these days, but my Dr says it's all because of my Anemia and Vitamin D deficiency.

What do y'all think??
AH HA!! She DID do a FT3, it was on the back page. She said she wouldn't, so this is awesome!!

It's 2.6.........combined with the other stuff, is that a good number?!
Could you also post the reference ranges that were provided with your level, and the range give for the Free T4 test, ranges very from lab to lab.
Thank You FTB4
VitaminD and other minerals and nutrients seem to be a problem with thyroid sufferers, it is a good possibility that your thyroid may also have caused your deficiencies as well. We will be able to tell better when you re-post your Free T3 and Free T4 levels including reference ranges.  FTB4
Did they diagnose the cause of your anemia?
The TSH therapeutic goal for primary hypothyroidism is stated to be 0.5 - 1.5 mU/L in one study to 0.5 to 2.5 mU/L in another study. This is just one lab test however to take into consideration along with other labs and symptoms.

The three most commonly mentioned low or deficient states with hypothyroidism are vitamin D, iron and vitamin B12.

The possible explanations for why vitamin D deficiency is so common with hypothyroidism: poor absorption of vitamin D from the intestine or the body may not activate vitamin D properly.  

If the body's metabolic rate drops, bone marrow has difficulty producing red blood cells which can lead to anaemia.

The slowing of the body's basal metabolic rate can cause hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid) or achlorhydria (no stomach acid) which can lead to nutrient deficiencies.  Vitamin B12 in particular is affected as there needs to be enough hydrochloric acid in the stomach to release vitamin B12 from protein for absorption.
Absolutely...get a second opinion and/or a referral.

A "usual" range for FT4 is 0.8-1.8, so that would put yours right on the bottom of the range.  Many of us find that FT4 has to be around midrange before our hypo symptoms go away.

FT3 range is typically around 2.3-4.3,  So, yours (at 2.6) is once again WAY too low.  Rule of thumb target for FT3 is upper half to upper third of range.

TSH, which is the least important of the tests (although many doctors worship it) has a more reasonable range of 0.3-3.0 (most labs use an older and broader one).  So, at 3.1, you are slightly hypo.  Keep in mind that many of us have to have TSH considerably lower than 3.0 to feel well.  

You'd probably feel a lot better on meds.