Lab results...what do they mean (T3,T4,TSH, anti-tpo)
I posted a few days ago about my high TSH result (308.88).  But what I didn't mention was my T3 (.69) and T4 (.28) were done on the same day, and before being put on on Synthroid I had more bloodwork done (3 days after my TSH/T3/T4 test) a test called Anti-Tpo.  What is that - Anti-TPO?  My result was 64IU/mL.  Based on this number, my doctor thinks I have a viral hpyothyroid problem because this number is slightly higher than the first number (TSH test), or looks better than the first round of tests, and so he seems to think it's going up and down (whatever IT is).  He diagnosed with Post Partum Thyroiditis, even though I believe the correct diagnosis is hypothyroidism due to the low basal body temp I've had my entire life, and all the other symptoms I've suffered.  I go back to the doctor on Wed for more blood tests.  Currently I'm on 125mg of Synthroid and feel better, but I'm still gaining weight.  (A pound every day it seems).  Before trying to get Pregnant I weighed 130.  After multiple miscarriages (3 in 8 months) - 145lbs.  One week after birth 164lbs.  After working out like a lunatic 5 days a week and eating healthy 6 months AFTER birth - 171lbs (10 of those pounds since Thanksgiving).  The weight gain is driving me crazy.    

Heather

Anti-TPO:  Anti - = autoantibodies directed against TPO = thyroid peroxidase.
These antibodies are present in a high proportion of people with chronic thyroiditis. These antibodies are also present in lesser numbers of people with other thyroid diseases. Other autoimmune disorders such as Sj
I have been taking 150 mcg og Levoxyl, and have just recently started taking Cytomel 10 mcg. At first I felt great ,  but then I started gaining weight and feeling tired.Are the side effects common? What should I do?
I noticed a very large nodule on my thyroid.  I immediately had my doctor evaluate the nodule.  I was sent for ultrasound and had alot of blood work done.  My T3 uptake,T4-2 FTI were normal.  But my thyroid antibodies were very high.  TPO was 145 & TG was 183.  I have neck pain, difficulty swallowing, and hoarseness.  I am scheduled for a biopsy in a few days.  Is this anything to be concerned about.
I have many symptoms of Thyroid dysfunction, annual tests of regular T3, T4, TSH were all too normal for years. Even Free thyroid scores too show no anomalies. This time doctor suggested Anti TPO and Anti Tg tests to be done as well...My S.TSH is 2.11, Anti TPO is 60.6 and Anti Tg is 34.4. Insulin (8AM) is 13.8, and S. Cortisol is 17.51. I have severe swelling on lower limbs and a dark dry patch on the same making it impossible to bare in front of anyone. The swellings do increase and decrease, but never vanish on the left limb. I am unable to wear any women's shoes and can only wear sneakers or men's floaters... no party shoes, no formals.... which has made my life unbearabble. I have done some secondary reading... Looks like its Hashimoto's disease.Am I correct?