Levothyroxine versus synthroid
I'm currently on Levothyroxine and am wondering if synthroid is a better alternate..
Has anyone found out that synthroid was better than levothyroxine?
Synthroid is more expensive so I really need to know whether it is right choice..
The only side-effects I am getting are occasional light headness and dizziness,
which may or not be due to the thyroid meds....
Some people do great on Synthroid.  I am one who did not.  I have been on Levothyroxine (and am now currently), went to Synthroid then Levoxyl then back to Levothyroxine.

Mine is kind of a convoluted story as I'd never been on meds prior to my TT last year.  My doc started me on a combo of Levo and Cytomel post TT.  I was a little jittery on the combo, so I went to Synthroid only to try and convert my own T3...  I absolutely hated it.  I had joint pain so badly, especially in my hip (where I'd never had pain before), that I had them take me off of it in less than 6 weeks.  

I won't bore you will all the gorey details, but I'll end by telling you that I'm right back where I started.  Levothyroxine + Cytomel.  We did change the ratio of the combo so everything works great for me now.  But I wouldn't go back to Synthroid if you paid me to take it.  I guess some people are allergic to the inert ingredients... What it was about Synthroid for me, I don't think I'll ever know.    If you are experiencing no problems with Levothryoxine, stay on it!

And light headedness & dizziness are a symptom of not having enough thyroid hormone in your system... what are your numbers?
Hi there, and thanks for your comments..I guess Levothyroxine is the way to go..I'm interested to read that you are on a combination of levo and Cytomel, why is that? I'm on straight levothyroxine..

Here is some numbers
FT4: 19.5pmol/l (9-19) H
TSH: 0.50 mU/L (0.4- 4.0)
Free T3 4.4 pmol/L (2.5-6.0)

If anything my Tsh of 0.50 is a bit low?