Levoxyl vs. Synthroid
I went to a new endo today. I had been taking 125mcg of Levoxyl and feeling good, but my tsh was 0.005. The new endo said (to cut it short) sometimes people do better on Synthroid  vs. Levoxyl so she wanted to try me on it for 2mths. I have been on various dosage of Levoxyl, and either my levels would be too high or too low, and I would feel terrible.  My question is, is there really a difference between the two. She changed the brand but the dosage is the same. My other endo was changing me every 4 - 6 weeks, and she feels maybe my body had not adjusted to the dosage in that period of time.
Opinions welcome.
Do you know your latest FT3 and FT4 levels (and their reference ranges)?  These are much more important than TSH.  

There are differences in the different brands, but this has to do with fillers or binders (the drug is the same in all).  Your TSH is low, but if you are not feeling hyper, then it isn't a problem.  I have been on Synthroid, Levoxyl and generic.  Personally, I see no difference in them.  

Why would you change something that has been working well for you?  It doesn't make sense to me.

Have FT3 and FT4 tested...this is very important.
I do not have FT3 or FT4 results, they did not test them the last visit. My new endo said with my TSH as low as it is, it tells her I am over medicated, even if I feel good. She said she is afraid I will end up in the hospital with atrial fibillation (sp) so she has to be careful, so she will check me in 2months to see how I am doing and she may need to adjust my meds. I will have my labs checked 1 week before my appointment and she is checking the FT4 at that time.  I guess I'll have to wait and see, and hopefully I will continue to feel good even though she has switched brands.Thanks now I don't  feel like I'm crazy because I feel good with my TSH  low..
I would shop around for a new endo if I were you.  There is no excuse for not testing FT4, and, in my opinion most importantly, FT3.  Doctors are often incredibly stubborn about ordering FT3.  They just don't want to do it, and it makes absolutely no sense.  Dosage adjustments should never be made on the basis of THS alone.  TSH is a pituitary hormone, and all kinds of things can affect it anywhere in the thyroid/hypothalmus/pituitary circle.  If your doctor had FT3 and FT4 she could feel a lot more confidant that you won't end up in A-fib.

So did she just change from Levoxyl to Synthroid, but leave the dose the same?
I don't understand why meds would be changed just for the sake of changing them if you feel good......Makes no sense...........

My doctor was changing my dosage based only on TSH and that was totally disasterous (sp) for me because my TSH took a nose dive, but my actual hormone levels were barely borderline, yet my doctor kept lowering my dosage simply based on TSH - wow - what a roller coaster ride THAT was............

Fortunately, I now have an endo who tests both FT4 and FT3 each time and listens to my opinion regarding the way I feel and what I think we should do.  Once, we didn't totally agree  so we compromised ----- right now, I still have some hypo symptoms, but I'm due for blood work again next week and will see my endo at the end of the month - I think we will raise my T4 med a bit and leave cytomel as is - but that will depend on the lab work...........

Sorry I'm just getting back, but my grand daughter has been sick and I've been babysitting.
Yes, my doctor changed from Levoxyl to Synthroid and left the dosage the same. Now this is a new endo, I left the one that was changing me every 6-8 weeks depending on my TSH. This endo did leave the dosage the same, and she will see me in 2 months to see if maybe I have leveled off. I am still feeling good, so I just pray this will continue.
I will make sure I get my FT3 and FT4 check.
Thanks for all the info.
Barb135 I know just what you mean by the roller coaster ride, I've been on one for 2 years.
sYou've gotten good info from goolarra and barb.  I just wanted to suggest that you might get some worthwhile info from this link.  

http://www.hormonerestoration.com/Thyroid.html
I am currently on Synthroid because King is not manufacturing Levoxyl.  I did fine on Levoxyl but now I have to pay about 5 times as much for Synthroid.  I am going to contact King.
I had a total thyroidectomy at 14 so thyroid is important to me.
All brands and generics of levothyroxine have recently seen a big price jump.  Last I heard, Levoxyl was supposed to b back on the shelves sometime this year.  I expect you'll see its price increase as well.  If you want to get your meds cheaper, ask your doctor to write your script for double your dose with instructions to take half per day.  Higher strength meds seldom have much of a price premium attached.
i also am taking synthroid now  due to the unavailability of levoxyl....its more expensive...i feel lousy  tired    have dry skin have lost a lot of hair...and want my levoxyl back!
Levoxyl has been back on the shelves for a couple of months now.