Life after thyroid removal
I had my thyroid removed in early 2005 after a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism.  I had Stage 1 Papillary Cancer.  Each year since, I have gone off my Synthroid each year and had a full body scan (I believe it is an I-131), and have been cancer free each time.  The whole process is very debilitating for me.  I have had to stop working because of it.  My blood takes longer than average to rid itself of the medication, and then takes longer to reabsorb once I start back on it.  Basically, about the time I get to feeling somewhat ok, it's time to do it again.  I have to do this for 2 more years, then once every 5 years. and then eventually, just a blood test yearly.  I have a great endocrinologist, and see him every 6 months, and have my levels checked as my doctor instructs.  My problem is that I never feel good.  I am on meds for depression, a mood stabilizer, Xanax for panic and anxiety attacks, and hormone replacement therapy, as I had a full hysterectomy 10 years ago.  I feel like I have a plague!  I am about 40 pounds overweight now, and it seems that no amount of diet and exercise make me feel any better.  Is there life after thyroid removal?  Is there a special diet for people like me?  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.
Thyrogen shots.

They're relatively new, very expensive, and allow you to stay on your meds before and during the scan. That will be the ticket.

Then you need to fine tune your meds, from the sound of it. But it's hard to do that with the cycle you are caught in.