Link between excessive fluoride and hypo.
Since I've been diagnosed with "borderline" TSH of 4.1, I've been doing much research on the subject. There is a ton of information out there about the link between fluoride and hypothyroidism.  Supposedly excessive or an accumulation of fluoride over the years can impair iodine absorption, leading to thyroid issues. Someone had mentioned in a previous post about being on Paxil for 3 years and experiencing dramatic weight gain. Well, from what I've researched one of the key ingredients in Paxil (and other SSRIs) is FLUORIDE!   I am determined to reduce my TSH number as naturally as I can and that includes drinking bottled spring water and replacing my toothpaste with one that contains no fluoride.  Wondering what people's thoughts here on this...
I think you are doing some excellent research. You also need to research bromine too.

Bromine is a component ( not natural to any living being) that is steadily being increased in our food.

Iodine used to be used in all our bread comsumption until a few decades ago due to the huge deficieny years ago. Now that bromine - which is poision to us is being added in many of our starch products instead of iodine, the numbers of hypothyroidism and cancer has grown dramatically.
Just all the more reason to go organic whenever possible!  Yes, someone had warned me about bromine and I need to do more research on THAT now!   It makes NO sense to me why our water is poisoned with sodium fluroide which is a toxic waste product of aluminum!  Guess they have no place else to dump it!