Thyroid Disorders Community
Living without a Thyroid Gland

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Viewing 201-228 comments:
This is a very old thread and I doubt that you will reach Metrogrl.  So let me try to substitute.  

Since you had a semi-thyroidectomy, it is very likely that your symptoms are related to being under medicated.   If you will please post all of your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report, and tell us about your medication and dosage, members will be better able to assess and advise further.  
Hi Leannazuk. I got my thyroids removed in May 2011. I had thyroid cancer and nodules on my left thyroid. I went to Atlanta to a doctor that does endoscopic thyroid removal. The surgery went well and I've been cancer free for almost two years. My advice to you is to get on vitamins with your thyroid medicine. You have to wait 4 hours after you take your thyroid med before you can take vitamins. I've researched these vitamins but make sure you check with your doctor as well. The vitamins are:
Calcium 600mg chewables (2 daily)
B Complex
Vitamin E
Biotin
Prenatals because this vitamin gives you all vitamins needed for women
Men should take a multiviatmin.
Papya Enzymes (chewables) Enzymes helps to digest your food properly
Coconut pills
Please check with your doctor before you take extra vitamins. But I can a difference with my skin, my hair has never fallen out after radiation.
Good luck to you.
I had my thyroid removed 10 years ago after having problems for 30 years. It was cancer at the time I weighed 199 pounds and 5 weeks after having it removed I weighed 246.5 they put me on synthroid 200mcg and have been on same doseage. I have been losing weight and was down to 190.5 pounds on 2/11/13. On 2/13/13 about an hour after taking it at 5am about 6:30am I woke up having trouble swallowing it cleared up but happened again on the 14th but worst. Went to the doctor same day my weight was back up to 199 had blood work done they called me and said I needed to drop my doseage to 175mcg and not to take it on the 15th but start new synthroid on the 16th. Started it then and am down to 191 but feel sick on my stomach and am having chest pains every time I eat.Help Please.
What was the reason given for dropping your dosage?  Was it based on TSH test results?  Please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.
I had pains and trouble breathing when I exerted myself much at all.  I had a CT scan done last week & they found a mass.  5.2 cm long & behind my sternum.  Not sure of the width, because originally it was 3.4 cm wide, but that was just on one side.  When they did the biopsy, they found a bigger mass on the other side as well.  I'm waiting for results.
I am told that I will have to have my thyroid totally removed.  Nothing I read is encouraging.  But my sister-in-law has been on thyroid meds for about 40 years & is doing just fine.  I have high hopes.  I'll keep reading and keep you posted.
Thank you for your post. I have been Hypo for 28 years. Last fall my T3 plummeted and I was diagnosed with a tumor on my Pituitary gland. They have me on meds. I was thrilled to here it can go away. Everything I have read before you said it never goes away and people eventually have to have it surgically removed. As for Synthroid, insist on the same brand of whatever you use. Do not allow them to substitute generics or your numbers will be all over the chart. Hypo and Pituitary problems can cause depression. Just an FYI.
Not everyone requires a brand name of levothyroxine; some do very well on generics.  I actually did better on generic levo than I did on Synthroid.
I do not have cancer!!  Yea!  Now, just waiting for surgery to be scheduled.
CONGRATULATIONS................ Awesome news.

Best of luck and do keep us posted.
You will never feel "normal" on Synthroid.  I couldn't get the doctor to give me anything else either but since having had my thyroid removed, and going to a naturalpath, I now use Naturthroid (or westhroid) and it is great since it has all the Ts (3, 4 etc..). The regular doctors don't want to give you this cuz it is too hard (they say) to regulate. So I suffer because they are too lazy to help????? gimme a break.
Speak for yourself.  There are tons of people that feek great on synthroid.  I feel much better on synthroid in less than a month than i ever did on naturethroid or armour.  Everyone is different.

Some people convert fine on synthroid.  Others dont and need t3.  
Had my thyroid out due to a 4cm nodule and compression syndrome. Started on synthroid at 137 mcg now on 175mcg. I am larger than when I was 8mths pregnant. My TSH was 40 2 mths ago and is now 12. I cant lose weight despite working out like a crazy person. I am worried the cancer may return because it is important to have a TSH <1. Any ideas tips? What should I do? Is this normal? My surgery was in Nov 2012 its now April 2013. Shouldnt my TSH be less than 12?
I had my Thyroid out almost 2 years ago, they thought I had cancer and it came back that I didn't. When I had my check prior to the surgery the doctor said that my thyroid was very enlarged. I felt different, gained some weight, was very emotional, and had no energy.
Now that time has past since the surgery things are going good. I started out on the lowest medication, and over a 6 month period I was bumped up to the highest of 200mg. I have been on the 200 mg now for some time and it seams to do the job. But there are times that I don't have a lot of energy. I go back every 3 months to get my levels checked, and changed my diet.
Please post your thyroid test results and reference ranges so that members can further assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment.
You may need some t3.  Some convert well, others dont.  

sidenote:  drives me nuts when people come on here and try to say that anyone on a certain drug will never feel well.  Speaking from my experience it may take a little trial and error before you find the one that works for you.  I have been on everything, they all make me feel bad but synthroid has made me feel the best of the worst.  So i say "stop! The Stop the thyroid madness posts!   No everyone does well on armour.  Not everyone does well on synthroid.  Reading through this post its almost like their are drug reps in here and its really sad.
Shouldn't it be all about choice?
Sadly regular Dr's do not give us that choice.
I'm in agreement that NDT doesn't work for everyone, just as T4 doesn't either, but there wouldn't even be this argument if only we were all better informed as patients.
I can only go by personal experience and share with others so they're better informed. It's so much easier to go along with the routine treatment though I have to say, but I just got so sick on it so I'm glad I found an alternative.
agreed.

i still feel like crap, but personally synthroid has worked for me better than armour.  But i know im hyper.  hoping for a decrease soon.
I do not know if you will read this post. So many years have past since you wrote the profound words that struck a chord inside me just now. I am new person to this site. It was three years this week since my total Thyroidectomy. I lived with Graves disease for far too long therefore was pretty much forced to have my thyroid removed by my Endo. Now three years later 34 years old, 200 mg of Synthroid , 5mg of Lyothyronine, folic acid, vit D, high blood pressure, mycrocytosis, and 60 pounds heavier. Not to mention my blood sugar is off!!! Finally my Tsh t4 t3 levels are at low level of normal. Why can't I lose weight then despite the constant heavy workouts 4-5 days a week and healthy diet. My Primary Doctor said the other day "maybe you should accept that this is how heavy your are suppose to be and deal with it" then hearing from my Endocrinologist that my levels are almost normal. What is a girl without a freaking thyroid to do???? Finally my Endo agreed after three years to put me on Armor. Have not started it yet however I am hopeful. I have to say that it feels really good to talk and see that I am not alone. Any suggestions from those who understand would be so wonderful. Namaste ~ Audrey
Well I personally can tell you I  certainly feel better after my TT than before my TT  (those months leading up).  For me , it was a personal decision. I didnt have to do anything, i didnt have cancer, graves or nodules.  I just felt horrid, couldnt take medication and my throat hurt.  I think having it out was the right decision for me.   you are 3 weeks out.   At 31 days I felt the worse, and then gradually a little better.  I was at maybe 30% then.  Now im more like 65%  with 100% being perfect.  Sometimes I can taste the normalcy, and every week things seem to get closer in the mirror.  Have patience.   Once you get balanced, your numbers come in for a landing you will feel better and chances are the weight will go out the door.
I feel better than with my own thyroid. I may not be in the majority, but this is how it's been for me and I'm going into my 6th year.

C~
chit chat

what are you taking?
With any part of thyroid left and now an enlargement you need to be on thyroid suppression to keep it from growing or get it out now. Not wait like I did and let it grow down into my chest requiring extensive surgery. Actually had to have my chest cracked open with surgery equal to a cardiac bypass. So don't wait deal with it asap with the most competent surgon you can find.
I just had my thyroid and 50 lymphoids removed on July 2. My thyroid and 20 of the lymphoids came back as cancer.  The surgery was a lot longer than expected because they mass was over 10cm and entangled in the nerves of my neck.  My surgeon was awesome.  I didn't have much pain in my neck.  Most of my pain was in my left arm from the nerves regenerating. I really cant complain much since it has only been two weeks.  After reading all of the post I feel much better know what I may run into with the meds. Thank you.
It was really nice to find these posts.  I too had my thyroid removed and I have never felt the same.  I was relieved to see that so many people are having the same symptoms as I am.  I wasn't sure if my problems were due to the removal of my thyroid or just the fact that I am getting older.  The only thing I know is that I can not take generic drugs.  I was having a lot of heart palpitations and anxiety...I ran out of my generic drug and my doctor gave me  three months of synthroid samples.  After two months I started feeling better and my heart palpitations started to go away.  I still have anxiety (which I never had before surgery) from time to time but I rarely have heart palpitations anymore.  The biggest change I have found in myself is that I have really low self esteem and I don't deal with stress nearly as well as I used to.   If you have not had the surgery yet I was just strongly suggest that you research your surgeon and symptoms.  They are starting to link a lot of thyroid problems to the auto-amune system.  I was told that there is a doctor at Stanford that is the thyroid doctor of all doctors.  
Hi my name is zena i just removed my left thiroyd 3 weeks ago and it was cancer the doctor want me to do the right side now but the during the surgery they damage my vocol cord so if i do the right side now thewre is chance they damage the right vocol cord and i end up haave holl in my throw to talk and breath this waht the dr says.  But i said  i see scond opinion so i saw this dr he said we wait tell my vocol cord to heal and them we do it but at time we can do ultrasound for the right one to see if there any lump cancer in it  i have that 5 more days butmy cancer was encapsulated so i hope i have no more lump ijust given birth to 8 weeks baby im so depressed what youguys thing i need so one wont ture this befor help
I took radioactive iodine back in 1989. Every month a week before a woman's special time I broke out in welts all over my body. This went on till about less than two years ago. I still get a few here and there. I told my endo. he said it could not be from my thyroid. They still I believe after all this time do not have my levels right. Come to find out I'm allergic to the synthedic thyroid meds. They diagnosed me with hypothroidism way back then. But I'm still sluggish moody dry skin . Anyways here are my levels--tsh 0.48L --t3 uptake 26.70-- normal , t3 total 1.54 normal, t4 ( thyroxine ) 0.93 normal but on low side, t4 free 1.71 normal but on low side. I now take two Armour Thyroid 90 mg. Help me to talk to Dr to get on right path to feeling better after all this time
I'm a bit confused about some of those test results you posted.  Please post the reference ranges for each, so we can give you the best response.  
I found your thread this morning whilst trawling the web in desperation. I know that sounds dramatic but right now it is how I feel. I had my thyroid removed with papillary cancer six years ago and can identify with everything you say. I feel a sense of relief that I am not alone (although so sorry that you too are going through this awful thing) but right now I just don't know how to cope.
The initial relief following the cancer treatrment has gone for the most part and of course while  I am so very grateful for the medical support I have had I constantly feel that I am struggling. I see my oncologist on the 13th Sep (Friday13th unfortunately!) for my yearly meeting and I just want to be able to communicate how I feel without coming across as some neurotic - which is how I seem to make myself look! My blood results seem to indicate all is as it should be yet I still have these awful 'episodes' that I can't predict or control. Extreme fatigue, sometimes with uncontrollable yawning, anxiety and a feeling I am losing myself ( I just can't put it into words but when I feel it I just want to end it all because I feel lost and helpless) Then I can feel fine for a while and try to make the most of these times but it is never far away.
I am a teacher about to return to work next week which I am absolutely dreading - I used to love my work but now I feel trapped and panicky at the thought. I don't know how to deal with things, do I let work know just how I feel and run the risk of losing my profession or keep quiet and struggle on? After all in many ways I have already lost the profession I used to know. But I need to work, I need to pay my bills, my home...live!
Lots of decisions that I can't seem get my head around.
I just needed to rant...so thank you for listening!!!
Please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  Also, if you have been tested for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin, please post those and their ranges.
I had for some reason over active thyroid. Took seven doses a day of 500 mg high quality olive leaf for seven weeks and now I'm normal. That is not to say this is a cure, but recommend everyone read up on the medical quality olive leaf. I gagged a bit on the dose but the benefits were awesome.

what is the effect after removing all the thyroid? I just want to know coz i'll be going in radioactive on decmaber. my dr. said that if it will remove all the thyroid I will be taking a vitamins for lifetime. and the other option is not to remove all but i should take a medication too. please help.thanks.  
What tests are usually done after a TT?  I'm 15 months post-op, parathyroids went to sleep, one was removed, I was in the hospital for four days due to low calcium.  I was started on a high dose of generic synthroid but it keeps being lowered.  I was on 6,000 mg of Tums plus calcitriol and got kidney stones, had them removed, stents places, experience from he!!.  Now I know that I have alkaline reflux, the Tums weren't being broken down or absorbed, I was taking magnesium but my magnesium, D3 and calcium are low.  I'm suffering miserably from alkaline gastritis.  My endo only checks my TSH and won't prescribe Armour.  I feel like "yesstream" who posted a few months ago.  I don't care if I live anymore, have no life, no energy, horrible stomach/GI problems, broken nails, losing my hair, insomnia, fatigue, episodes of depression, brain fog, confusion, irritability, no appetite but now gaining a few pounds without even eating.  I just don't know what to do.  I still flush, sweat drips off my arms and legs, but I don't get the palpitations or high BP anymore ..... otherwise I'm still miserable.  I had symptoms, questioned my thyroid, TSH was at .4 but the symptoms were attributed to menopause for 10 years.  After an auto accident my life fell apart, I was diagnosed hyper, goiter, multiple nodules within two months and my TSH went from .01 to .004 in a year.  I had biopsies that were benign, the nodules were calcifying, I had high iodine, did the low iodine diet and was to do the RAI kill but my endo moved away.  The new endo I found was all about surgery, something I regret doing.  Now I feel all alone in my plight.
Sounds like you desperately need a good thyroid doctor.  A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  You can get some good insight into clinical treatment from this letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with after initial tests and evaluation.  The letter is then sent to the participating doctor of the patient to help guide treatment.  In the letter, please note the statement, "the ultimate criterion for dose adjustment must always be the clinical response of the patient."

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf

If you will tell us your location, perhaps a member can recommend a good thyroid doctor based on personal experience.  
New York City can kill even a healthy person because of the toxic and selfish attitudes there.  I would suggest if at all possible to start life over in some wide open country in a small town like Montana or Wyoming or Utah or perhaps somewhere sunny and warm.  If you have enough money for 1 Greyhound bus ticket, you can do it.  Once you get there, you can work as a waitress or something and perhaps even qualify for food stamps for awhile.  Who, knows, you might meet a nice cowboy who you might consider for a long term commitment, rather than to just not be lonely.

I don't know if you are on Synthroid, but you might want to change to Nature-Throid which is natural and contains T3 in addition to T4.  Synthroid is synthetic and loses its strength over time as your body builds a resistance to it since it's synthetic.

Another good idea may be to take l-tyrosine (maybe as much as 2,000 mg a day in divided doses), which not only helps strengthen your intestines, but improves mood and fights depression because it improves your neurotransmitters (many of which are created in the intestines believe it or not).

Also, with your difficult divorce and shocking betrayals from so-called friendsd, you may also be suffering from lowered adrenal function.  The thyroid surgery, the divorce or the betrayls are each individually enough to deplete your adrenal glands and together they did you a whammy.  You should look up Dr. Lam online and read some of his blogs abour adrenals and stress.  You may definitely benefit from asking your doctor or naturopath to prescribe you some micronized hydrocortisone cream (50 mg trength) to use as needed.  That is not a high enough dose to cause your body to shut down creating it's own adrenaline -- it will simply support your adrenals enough to allow them to start making their own.  You should not opt for Cortef or some other oral prescription cortisone tablet/capsule because they are much too strong and can cause more problems than they solve.

Depending on your age, you might consider it's time to start using topical bioidentical hormone creams such as Estradiol/Estriol with Progesterone.  If your adrenals are already taxed, they will "steal" from your existing estrogen and progesterone stores and convert those hormones to adrenaline in order to maintain the more important adrenaline levels.  But this will deplete probably already low levels of estrogen and progesterone, causing MARKED symptoms of low estrogen and progesterone, which would include thinning hair, night sweats, hot flashes, insomnia and DEPRESSION.

Between switching to Nature-Throid, adding l-tyrosine, adding topical 50 mg strength hydrocortisone cream and topical bioidentical hormone replacement creams and moving somewhere sunny and welcoming, you could see a big difference.  Then your biggest problems might be learning how to square dance, bake pies and clean your cowboy's boots.
After looking at some of the responses here I now know exactly what to expect. I too have trouble breathing sometimes but people have always told me that I was suffering panic attacks. I do have extreme panic episodes that sometimes leave me shaking from every limb. I had my thyroid removed on February 12, 2003 due to thyroid cancer. I have lived with unstable menstrual cycles, constipation, weight up and down, insomnia, sleeping for hours and hours. I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy with the thoughts that run through my head. (not sure if this is a related symptom) My doctor has even told me at times that everything is in my head and if I just think positive everything will be ok. People think I'm nuts and even though I try not to believe them I often find myself questioning whether or not they are right. I have days of no energy whatsoever to lots of energy but my levels are all within normal range so says my doctor. Thanks for this site though great to read all the info.
I don't understand how doctors can think that a thyroid test result that falls in the low end of the range can be considered just as adequate as one in the high end of the range.  Yet, they never bother to take the time to assess why their thyroid patients so often complain that they still have symptoms, even though their tet results are "normal".  

Have a look at this info.  It is only one source of similar info that clearly says that the current ranges are not functional for many people.

"High individuality causes laboratory reference ranges to be insensitive to changes in test results that are significant for the individual.

The width of the individual 95% confidence intervals were approximately half that of the group for all variables.

Our data indicate that each individual had a unique thyroid function. The individual reference ranges for test results were narrow, compared with group reference ranges used to develop laboratory reference ranges. Accordingly, a test result within laboratory reference limits is not necessarily normal for an individual."

Andersen S, Pedersen KM, Bruun NH, Laurberg P. Narrow individual variations in serum T(4) and T(3) in normal subjects: a clue to the understanding of subclinical thyroid disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;87(3):1068-72.
Hi Troper,
I have similar situation, I want to plan for pregnancy in few months and my doctor said I might have overactive thyroid, and referred me to endocrinologist to evaluate.
Can you share how did the surgery go? Did your doctor say that surgery was really mandatory in order to be pregnant?
I hope things are just fine with you now.

hi! my doctor advised me to have my thyroid removed due to several nodules some of which are echoic but there are some said to be solid. we have been monitoring it since 2008 (from a single echoic nodule), even had FNA which yielded a positive result. thus, we just continued to monitor it ... no medication given.  i went to see an endocrinologist last year and said i should have it removed immediately ... which i did not.

now, i am worried. i am not sure if i can do it. my doctor said i need to take medicines for the rest of my life, calcium and exercise ...all manageable i guess.  but i am worried on the - mental ones. is depression and sleepless nights really common experience?

thanks
i had my thyroid removed 15yrs ago after finally being diagnosed with graves diseas after 10yrs of doctors having no idea, even though my symptoms remained pretty much the same.
if i had my time over and knew then what i know now concerning the thyroid i would have done so much more research before having surgery, however my choices were limited as i became allergic to the steriods given to me to reduce my thyroid and i wanted more children and had been trying for three years and nothing happening, this was after already having one child 8yrs earlier.
over the last 15yrs i have a had very unstable journey with trying to feel " normal" and more importantly find a dr who understood thyroid and all it involoved, which was a a task in its self. for the first five years there was not much change from before surgery, i still felt all the same symptoms but i did manage to have two more children, though probably not the wisest choice as they drained me even more than what i was already feeling. i finally found a dr who did extensive tests and found that my body wasnt converting t4 to  t3" i as put on srt3 which here in australia is made at the compounding chemist and is not regarded as worthwhile thyroid treatment, but i totally disagree. it was the first time in years i began to feel normal, i did also go through a rather intense detox which meant a herbal combination a very high doseage multi vitamin and various juices. my adreneal galnds were shot to peices And need much TLC.
Unfortunatly this dr went back to research and for the next 6 yrs i felt like **** again as no other dr  would prescibe the srt3 for me.
i have been blessed and finally found anothe dr who understands the thyroid and is a female, which is an added bonus. 11 mths on and i feel much better being back on the srt3, i do however have constant problems. i suffer from major anxiety and have done research on this and very much linked with the thyroid as is iron diefiecency which i also suffer from to the degree that i need regular infussions. i have also been diagnosed cealiac which is also related to thyroid, as is thinning of the bones due to exteneded use of thyroxine. i have constant, joint pain am very short of breathe and so far test have shown that i have resticted breathing, great now unrestrict it.
i am very grateful that at this time i actually feel good, even though my level of normal is very removed from most. i deal daily with mental health, physical health and most impactual emotional health as i feel complelety not me and not very nice at times and get even more frustrated when going to a dr for help and being told theres nothing to worry about.
you need to listen to your body, after all its yours and you know it better than anyone. if im feeling good and my test come back saying that i am on the high side, i dont care. i feel good and if the dr tells me to lower the dose, i dont unles i feel that i need to. over the years i have pretty ,much learnt the dose thats right for me.
not having a thyroid is so involved and theres so muc to it. the best advice i can give is to keep pushing, asking and changing drs if yur know you're not right and find someone who will listen to you.
For anyone else facing such a diagnosis, if possible in the country you are located try to find a doctor who uses the Afirma Thyroid FNA Analysis. This can prevent getting a diagnosis that is inconclusive or suspicious and prevent unnecessary removal on one's thyroid.

Also, even if it is positive for cancer, most of the time it will be papillary cancer which is not life threatening and even if not treated at all does not make a big difference in all cause mortality especially if you are already a senior citizen when diagnosed.

See afirma *******

You can also find an article online called "
Vast majority of people survive common thyroid cancer even without treatment" which may be helpful.
Hello everyone!

I had my thyroid removed 7 months ago, at age 35 weighing 126, for multiple nodules. I had a 4cm on my left side and 3 more smaller nodules on the right. Biopsy came back negative but total thyroidectomy was recommended by two doctors due to my age and the idea of having to be examined every six months for growth. That, and the side effects I was experiencing... severe anxiety, I thought I was losing my mind. Restless sleep with night sweats and the sensation that I had something stuck in my throat. My surgeon was great, some pain a day or two later but nothing extreme. My voice got deeper for about 2 months but is now back to normal. Currently I am on 125 mcg synthroid once a day, my doctor insist I stay on the brand and does not recommend any type of natural alternative, and 5 mg cytomel two times a day. My blood levels are normal, I am sorry I don't have those exact numbers in front of me, most of my hyper symptoms are gone but as the months have gone by I regret having the surgery! I gained 12 pounds ( I recently lost 4 pounds), my energy level is horrible, I have to be in bed by 9 pm to even attempt to get out of bed the next day.I am just now going back to the gym, my recovery time is longer and getting through an hour class of aerobic activity has never been more difficult. My facial and body skin is lizard dry and my hair has become brittle. I am trying any and all lotions, scrubs, masks... I am now juicing veggies and fruits because I hear that doing this is great for the skin as well as getting all the servings of veggies and fruits needed for the day. I know it could be worse but this is the only body I have and I would love to feel great in it all the time! Thank you for all your post, they really help!
Hi I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting on here. I had my thyroid removed in January of 2011. Three years later I'm still feeling all of the symptoms you described. Nobody really understands what I'm going through and seeing the posts on here makes me see that I'm not alone.

Cara Morville
i know where u r coming from i had my thyoids completely removed jan 2013,i havent been the same since ,ive gained weight ,i sweat like its 110 degrees while im asleep and during the day , t cry all the time ,ill to everyone i have chronic pain all the time,my skin is dry ,my hair comes out and doesnt grow right on 1 side,u name it i feel so lost ,depressed,i have just withdrawn from everything ,it feels like somethings attacking my body,my levels r either to high or to low,i took armor and it almost drove me crazy i went way hyper it was like 0.9 almost off scale now on levothyroxine 75 mg take 1 and half ,its still not right i dont have enough medicine in me cant find my labs ,its a yo yo ride i just dont feel good at all i have lost me and i cant find me anymore,my vit d to low ,b12 on low side,sugar to high and my closteral to high too and ive never had any blood work off i wish i could put my thyroids back,they thought i had cancer ,but i did not,had 2 nodules on left and 1 on right and goiter,my thoughts r scrambled and my brains in a fog cant remember anymore either,i thank u for listening to me and to know im not alone and that its not in my head ,its real i pray for u all God bless everyone this is a nightmare
Hi, Im a 23 year old female and I had my thyroid removed in March of 2013 because of thyroid cancer. After surgery I immediately started on  high dose of 150 of levothyroxine, Currently im on 88 mcg I suffer from lots of fatigue, muscle pain in legs and arms, anixety, and heart palpatations. Hopefully things get better I don't feel like myself I don't have enough energy to do anything! Is anyone taking anything else other than levothyroxine and has seem to get better? It feels good to read other stories and see that im not alone in this!
yes your right just know that you are nt alone im praying for the best for everyone!
You've attached to a very old and long thread. Most of the previous posters are no longer active on the forum.  You would get a better response if you post your own thread.  You can do that by clicking the orange "Post a Question" button at the top of this page, type your comments, then click the green "Post a Comment" button.

Your symptoms sound like you aren't on a high enough dose of levo.  If you'll post your current labs into a new thread members can better assess your situation and comment more fully.  Be sure to include reference ranges with any labs, as ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.
Hi!very new "just diagnosed with two cyst on my thyroid.
All the comments read are very sad ,
Does anybody know any alternative to surgery .can those cyst become smaller with any herbal supplements ?
I had my thyroid out in September 1989. I've been pretty much ok all that time up until menopause. I haven't had my period in 7 months now. Does not having a thyroid have an effect on menopause?
Give up teaching. It is the most stressful profession and there is no way your meds can be regulated when you are under that stress. I loved teaching but after thyroid cancer surgery I gave it up so I could have regulated metabolism.
I do too & I have a squealing sound in my throat all the time!
Viewing 201-228 comments: