Thyroid Disorders Community
Looking for an endoc in the Dallas area - trying to prescribe antidepre...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Looking for an endoc in the Dallas area - trying to prescribe antidepressants ??

I have one right now, but would like to find another for a "second opinion" on what my current endo is telling/prescribing me. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

We have tried all different things with my meds for years now (currently on synthroid and cytomel) but I never feel GOOD anymore. My major complaints are weight gain, extreme fatigue, brain fog, lack of concentration, no motivation/drive/energy. I also still have other symptoms as well related to hypothyroidism, but these are the main/worse ones.

I saw my endo's assistant a few weeks ago. I had some hope as she is a former patient and has been where I am now. Seeing as though she's hypothyroid as well, I figured it might be easier getting her opinion. After being told for years that my levels are "normal" and that my symptoms may not be thyroid related, I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm so tired of feeling like this! She said I might have depression, that my symptoms align with this. Also, she said she had to go on antidepressants for a while to feel balanced a few years ago. Said this may or may not be thyroid-related depression.

I don't feel depressed! I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life! I just am always so tired and unmotivated. I am hesitant to just start popping pills because they suggested it. Would like to find a good endo to get a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!
Will you please post the results of your latest lab tests along with the ranges your lab uses ? If you could also include what doses of thyroid medications you are taking, that would be helpful too. It will make it easier for members to understand what is going on with you. Have you had testing for FREE T4 and FREE T3 ?
you can try what I did.  I live in VA and went to docboard.org...where you can basically do a search of any doctor in any state.  I clicked on my state, and typed in Endocrinologist.  when you go to individual pages of doctors, some have an email address at the top of the page.  I emailed a doctor with specific questions and explained my frustration with my PCP.  I got an email back less then 5 hours from the Endo and he was on vacation.  He told me to give his office a call and let them know that I emailed him.  I was in awe...he even answered one of my questions about prescribing desiccated thyroids.  There are great books out there and webpages devoted to all of this.  Thank god for the internet.  If you get a chance and are intersted put "Stop the Thyroid Madness" in any search engine and you should get the webpage/forum by the same name.  It's been a relief and a big help to me.  Good Luck!
I live in Rockwall and go to a DO here that is very good at looking at all symptoms and listening to patients. He has really helped me get control of my thyroid problem and other issues. He is not a Endo, but he is great and takes a more natural approach to health. I am currently taking Tirosint and Armour. He will test for FT3 and FT4 if you request.  I have been going to him for almost 14 years and have not had a cold, flu or sinus infection in all that time :) I can pass on to you his name if you are interested.
I would love to have the name of your doctor.  I am experiencing problems with Synthroid and am looking for a doctor in the dallas area that prescribes Armour.  
I would also love the name of your doctor! I have been looking for a doctor willing to prescribe desiccated thryoid (such as Armour).