Thyroid Disorders Community
Loophole found in US heathcare reform - no insurance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I just read about this a few days ago. Whatever it was that required a certain size company (people or revenue?) to offer health insurance to its employees is apparently no longer in effect. I just got word of someone who now suddenly has no insurance (and a family that needs it) because of this. This person is full time employed (not contract work) for a huge US based company.

No this is not thyroid, but might effect some people here.

Any one knows more about this feel free to post, all the more info the better.

On the other hand, I found a semi retired 'cash' doc last year that only takes cash ($38 per problem, per visit) and keeps prices low by NOT taking insurance. I see this becoming more popular and people having high deductible insurance only for hospital use.
FYI................bump
Do you have any links?

I was not aware that any employer was ever required to provide health insurance for employees, but that this was a negotiated benefit  I know that employers cannot discriminate and must offer the same benefits to all employees, but I didn't realize anyone was required by law to offer anything.
Was in the paper.  We are talking large companies - yes they have to provide it as an option - nowhere does it say it needs to be good though.
There must be certain "minimum" requirements that employers must provide, or forcing them to provide insurance would be meaningless.  Also, is this by state?

I was under the impression that ObamaCare was going to force MORE employers, not fewer, to provide insurance and that this would be a burden on small business.

We're self-employed, so I have to say that I haven't been keeping up with laws that pertain to large companies.  When I was employed, I had a "Cadillac" plan...what the insurance company didn't pick up, my employer did.  Those were the days...and I was too young to truly appreciate them.