Loss of taste post-op
I had a partial thyroidectomy yesterday and I am finding that I can't taste things very well. I'm hoping that will be temporary. Did anyone else lose their sense of taste after surgery?
I didnt loose mine until after the RaI   yours will probably come back soon the anesthesia can really mess with you.How are you feeling otherwise? Rest and heal and dont try to do too much too soon.
Love Venora
I didnt really loose taste but I have totally lost my appetite, it has been one week today and my 8 year old eats more than me.
Dana
I'm doing quite well, actually (although that's probably the vicodin talking). My voice is OK and swallowing is too, although a bit painful. They only took the left half of the thyroid because the frozen section came back benign. Of course, the final report could be different and then I will go back for round two (there is apparently a nodule on the right side also, but it's close to the nerve so they left it alone).

But, so far so good. I will definitely take it easy, but I'm bored already. I've got a couple of books and some work that I can do if I feel up to it in a day or two. We shall see.
I wasn't hungry yesterday, but this morning I ate like a horse and I am ready for lunch already. But I really had not eaten in about 36 hours, so I'm making up for lost time. I just wish I could taste it a bit better. I really was not aware of the potential for that complication, although now that I am reading up on it I see that it is not all that unusual. It's a biggie for me because I enjoy cooking (and consuming). But, in the grand scheme of things it's pretty minor. Got to keep an eye on the big picture I guess.

I hope your appetite comes back soon (assuming you want it to!).