Thyroid Disorders Community
Lots of questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Lots of questions

Recently I had an ultrasound on my thyroid because of a lump in my throat.  Ultrasound shows gland is enlarged but blood test are normal.  Waiting 2 months to see endo.  I feel my thyroid is bigger so I went to my family Dr.  He said it is probably fat tissue as a thyroid doea not get as big as mine with normal labs.  The Dr said the endo may not even address the issue.  I'm a little worried.  Can't a biopsy be done or other blood work to insure there is nothing wrong?  I don't know if I am worrying too much or if I should demand more test.  Any advice would be great.
definitely get more tests. it's your health and you need to be your own advocate. i'm having a similar problem...the PA that i'm see is a newbie and really doesn't have the experience to deal with the complexity of my problem. make phone calls and ask a lot of questions.
good luck!
In many cases, having an enlarged thyroid gland (goiter) doesn't mean your thyroid gland is malfunctioning.  And adipose (fat) tissue within the thyroid gland is stated to be uncommon to rare. Do you have your lab results?
I can't remember what the specific lab results were.  The nurse said the were within the normal range.  My hair has been falling out and I have never been able to lose weight. The most I can lose is 20 lbs then it usually comes back.  My job does blood work every year for a wellness program and for the past three years they have been telling me I might possibly have a metabolic disorder.  I just need a Dr that cares and can look pat met weight and help me.  
Hypothyroidism symptoms can be present in "normal" range. Request all your labs so we can see what is going on. :)
TSH is 1.987 and T4 is .83
TSH looks normal. Not sure what your T4 range is. Any tests for T3 or thyroid antibodies?
No my Dr only did the TSH and T4free.  Hopefully will get answers when I go to the endo
I read somewhere that T4Free should be above 1 and for women above 2.  If so I'm really low.  Not sure how accurate this info is.