Low Blood Pressure
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone else had low blood pressure with Hash's.  Mine is usually 80/59 or lower. Dr. does not seem that worried about it.
Hi, I'm not sure with your condition but wanted to say hello!

Dr. Lupo will be doing a live health chat tonight from 7-8 Eastern time .. try to stop by and he will able to answer your ? directly!

To register and/or go to the chat:  http://www.medhelp.org/health_chats/show/20

C~
Hi, I have low blood pressure so has my daughter.  Sometimes it is so low they dont believe the reading.  However, I was told that the lower the blood pressure then the less work your heart has to do to get blood round your body.  Mine has gone up a bit with age but my daughter still has to be very careful when getting up etc. to allow time for her head/body to adjust.  I dont think it is a problem certainly has not been for me.

Hope this helps
Sorry forgot to say I have underactive thyroid.
Mine was really low just prior to my hypo dx - one day it went down to 93/55 and because I take med for HIGH blood pressure, it worried me so I called the doctor's office to check.  The nurse told me that if it went below 90/55 or if I had symptoms of any kind, I needed to get help......  When I was younger my BP was ALWAYS very low and they were often concerned about it.  My mother also had very low BP (without med) and had a couple of heart attacks.  I've had several doctors tell me that too low BP can be just as bad as too high.

Additionally, hypo will cause your heart rate to be very low (mine would go down into the 30's when I slept), but once I got on thyroid med and started getting balanced out a bit, everything has come back up to "normal", so maybe your thyroid meds are off or something.