Thyroid Disorders Community
Low Level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Low Level

My recent tsh level is o.09
Not enough information. How do you feel?  Symptoms? Are you on any hormone replacement for hypothyroidism?

:) Tamra
Also, post these tests if you have them:
FreeT3
FreeT4
TSI
TGab
TPOab
By all reference ranges I see online, your thyroid stimulating hormone is below normal.  This means you are either suffering from hyperthyroidism, so the pituitary is signaled not to stimulate the thyroid any further, or there is a problem with your pituitary gland, which emits TSH.  You will need more tests then the one you list for the doctor and you to discover more about why your TSH is so low.
We cannot base his problem on TSH alone without knowing the facts, such as weather he is currently taking thyroid hormones. I take hormones and my TSH is a 0.01. My endo is not worried about the suppressed TSH because my  frees are right where they need to be.

Remember, TSH is a pituitary hormone, and not always the best indicator of thyroid activity.

:) Tamra
I believe you are right - if Raghu is taking thyroid medication, that would affect the TSH level.  

But if she is not, a close relative of mine, when it was discovered he had thyroid cysts, got a very thorough, professional book on the thyroid out from the library.  And it states that TSH is like a thermostat and an excellent indicator of what the thyroid is doing.  The pituitary is sometimes called the "master gland" because of it's important role on so many areas, including the thyroid.  The pituitary turns down the thermostat (lowers the TSH levels) when the thyroid is more active and thyroid hormones are abundant in circulation,  and it turns up the thermostat (increases TSH levels) when circulating thyroid hormone is diminished and the thyroid is sluggish and needs stimulation.  Of course, if there is something wrong with the pituitary gland, that could potentially depress the TSH level.

Now that her TSH has come back abnormal, and if that's the only test she has had done as a matter of routine checking, the doctor definitely needs to order further testing.  
I had a Pit. Tumour which made my TSH go very high,
As soon as it was removed TSH went down from 7.0 to 4,0 in 2 weeks.
Guessing (and I say a guess as thats what it is) ,,,,the FT3/FT4 is either too high whether it be from meds, Graves or Hyperthyroidism.
These all have to be tested for.