Thyroid Disorders Community
Low TSH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Low TSH

My TSH ia .02, My T3 is 304, and my T4 is 14.9.  I can't get into to see the endocrinologist until the end of the month, and I am scheduled for a I 123 scan with uptake midmonth.  Is this hyperthyroidism or Graves Disease.  My primary doctor hasn't told me.  He just put me on a beta blocker for my ever so rapid heart rate, which as of right now hasn't kicked in yet.  I appreciate any help you can offer.
That was my exact symptoms.  I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease (Hyperthyroidism).
The Grave’s disease is determined by checking the thyroid antibodies level in the blood; would consider asking for a TSI level (also TBII may be helpful).  
Other causes of hyperthyroidism are thyroiditis (thyroid inflammation) in early stage, toxic adenoma or multinodular toxic goiter. For the latest two you need to know if any nodules were present in your thyroid. The uptake alone may not show enough results unless accompanied by imaging [to see if it was uniform uptake for iodine –Grave’s disease or only local areas of increased uptake-other causes].
I don't mean to pry, but could you give me a little more information about what you have been through.  I am concerned about this whole thing, and am pretty upset that I have to wait so long to have the test and see tne endo.  
I am going to have an I 123 uptake with Scan.  Will this scan take care of the imaging that you refer to?
Yes; as in case of hot nodules or adenoma it will show local areas of increased uptake; the Grave's disease will show more generalized uptake
Thanks for the info.  The waiting is just killing me, and of course, researching on the internet doesn't help.  There's so many things to read about the subject. Some things are the same, but others are different.  It makes it confusing to understand  I surely will be glad when I get a final diagnosis and begin treatment.  I don't look forward, however, to all the fluctation that I have read about.  Thanks again.
If no nodules are present in your thyroid it may lean toward the grave's disease [diffuse toxic goiter], if large single nodule is present it can suggest the toxic adenoma.
WHAT IS TOXIC ADENOMA?
Patients with toxic adenomas usually present with a lump in the neck and they may have symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Toxic adenomas frequently cause a low TSH with or without an elevated FT4 and or FT3. In toxic adenoma, FT3 levels may also be elevated in the presence of a normal FT4. A hyperfunctioning solitary adenoma is suggested on physical examination by atrophy or shrinkage of the remainder of the thyroid gland. Toxic nodules typically are diagnosed in patients with a gradual onset of hyperthyroidism and a nodule larger than 3 cm in size.
I don't seem to have a lump in my neck.  I read somewhere that toxic adenomas usually occur in the elderly, over age 60.  I am no where near that age.  My TSH is low and my FT4 and FT3 are elevated.  Thanks for the information, at least I feel more informed.  You've been a big help.  Thanks again