Thyroid Disorders Community
Low iodine diet unsalted margarine question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low iodine diet unsalted margarine question

Confused about soybean oil on a low iodine diet. The thyca.org website has a low iodine diet cookbook and lists what you can and cannot have. One the can't have- all soy products. On the can have side all oils including soy oil?  What does this mean. I found an unsalted margarine and all ingredients look good except it has soybean oil. Is is ok?

Any info is appreciated.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1144849_tn?1395458766
Hi janiceg44, I have Toxic Multi Nodular Goiter so I tend to be more Hyper than Hypo (theoretically) and have cut way back on Iodine.  I can't tell if this makes a difference or not because I have radically changed my diet so I am sure a lot of that makes the difference.

I can tell you that I have big problem with Soy, almost like an allergy. If I eat anything with Canola oil or Soybean oil or soy flakes, the left side of my thyroid swells and feel bad for a day or two.

It seems kind of odd that they would say soy is bad but soy oil is okay.

Does Soy affect you the same way or no?

After i read this web site I coudl start to ss more how soy affects me personally;  

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/Diet_Nutrition/SoyHazards.htm

All cells in the body need Iodine. I have been searching to find what the best balance is for me.

McMillan
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
If you can - try to stay off the soy too. You will get some in no matter what - but limit it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank