Aa
A
A
Close
Low iodine diet unsalted margarine question
Confused about soybean oil on a low iodine diet. The thyca.org website has a low iodine diet cookbook and lists what you can and cannot have. One the can't have- all soy products. On the can have side all oils including soy oil?  What does this mean. I found an unsalted margarine and all ingredients look good except it has soybean oil. Is is ok?

Any info is appreciated.
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1144849 tn?1395458766
Hi janiceg44, I have Toxic Multi Nodular Goiter so I tend to be more Hyper than Hypo (theoretically) and have cut way back on Iodine.  I can't tell if this makes a difference or not because I have radically changed my diet so I am sure a lot of that makes the difference.

I can tell you that I have big problem with Soy, almost like an allergy. If I eat anything with Canola oil or Soybean oil or soy flakes, the left side of my thyroid swells and feel bad for a day or two.

It seems kind of odd that they would say soy is bad but soy oil is okay.

Does Soy affect you the same way or no?

After i read this web site I coudl start to ss more how soy affects me personally;  

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/Diet_Nutrition/SoyHazards.htm

All cells in the body need Iodine. I have been searching to find what the best balance is for me.

McMillan
Comment
Cancel
1144849 tn?1395458766
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
393685 tn?1425816122
If you can - try to stay off the soy too. You will get some in no matter what - but limit it.
Comment
Cancel
393685 tn?1425816122
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources