Thyroid Disorders Community
Low normal TSH .8 Normal T3 T4

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Low normal TSH .8 Normal T3 T4

Hi there...Is it possible to have hyperthyroid symptoms with these test results.  HIgh heart rate at rest and activity, feeling SOB at rest and activity, increased sweating, trouble sleeping, anxiety, and I've lost about 15 lbs in 3 months.  Constant dizziness and nausea is also another major problem for me.  
Forgot to mention
I am female, 38years old.  Good health, physically active, ECG, CAT scan of head, stress test, blood tests (CBC) all normal.  I also have very low blood pressure 90/60 sitting  75/50 standing, always feel like I will pass out if I stand for too long.
what's your thyroid labs say?
Hi I just know my TSH was .8 and T3  in the normal range
Sorry TSH was .8  normal range .3----4.7
Free t4 was 14.7   normal range 9.1----23.8

Your labs don't look too bad, but I'd say your FT4 is a bit on the low side - not usually considered hyper and your TSH looks great, but we're all different.  

You said your T3 was "in range" -- do you know if that was Free T3 or Total T3?  If it was total, it's pretty much obsolete and useless.  If it was free; we'd need to know the exact result, along with the reference range, since the reference ranges are lab specific and need to come from your own report.   Have you had any antibody testing?  An ultra sound?

Sorry to answer you question with so many more, but they are all relevant.  
I have had no other tests. My doc only did tsh and free t4.  
Maybe these symptoms are from something else???
You said in an earlier post that your "T3  in the normal range".  Did you not have a T3?  Did you mean T4 instead?  

Have you had a complete workup on your heart to make sure there aren't some issues there?  Yes, I see you had a stress test, but there could be something that doesn't show on a stress test.  I passed a stress test also, but an echocardiogram showed that almost all of the valves in my heart are leaking - nothing to cause issues at this time, but definitely something to watch.  Have they tried a Holter monitor on you to see what might be happening in regards to your heart rate, etc?  

Before I was dx'd hypo, my heart rate was very low in the doc's office; EKG confirmed; they put a 24 hr Holter monitor on me and learned that my heart rate was actually going into the mid 30's when I slept........that's what led to being sent to a cardiologist and the stress test, echocardiogram, etc.....  You might want to pursue that.  

Thanks to my cardiologist, who didn't want to release me "with symptoms of heart problems", so sent me for further tests, it was determined that I have pulmonary issues instead of heart issues; however, symptoms were very similar.  Scared the daylights out of me......

Beyond that -- even with thyroid levels like yours, you can have issues --- we are all affected differently, so don't give up until you get them to figure out what the problem is.
Sorry yes I mistakenly thought I had T3 done but I really didn't. I meant free t4. I am due for an echo in 3 weeks, and already had a 24 hr  holter which didn't pick up anything.  I have had multiple ecgs all normal.  I guess we'll see what the echo shows.  Thanks for your reply,  I'll keep trying to figure out the problem.  I've seen a few ER docs who have told me its all anxiety related.  I sure hope its just that.