Low potassium and thyroid?
Hello Thyroid Family,

I went to the doctor last week  for a check up.  I already knew that  my potassium was low, due to all the cramping and muscle tingling.  The word today is that the potassium is very very low.

My question is:  Does having thyroid issues cause low potassium problems.  My body cramps so bad that sometimes I have to call out for assistance to pry hand fingers apart have some push me along since my legs get so stiff its l have turned to stone.

I had low potassium before and had to be hospitalized.  At that time, I could see, lost my balance and my body cramped and tingled.  They gave me a potassium drink and potassioum IV for 3 days.  They then tested me for Cushing's Disease.

The  thing is, I eat all the most of the food need to help bring the potassium level up  and I take a supplement and its still low.

I feel as if my body is betraying me day by day.  

Take care and thanks
Terri