Thyroid Disorders Community
Low stomach acid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low stomach acid

A short story.
Last May 31, I had to go to the ER due to chest pain. The Dr did not see anything wrong with my heart, but during exam, he noticed my stomach and abdomen are making groawling (spell?) noise. I told him I have'nt eaten for seven hours since I came to the ER but he prescribed Famotedine to lower my stomach acid.
After my cardiologist gave blessing that my heart is in great condition, after sterss tests, echocardiogram and nuclear medicine, he told me I could stop Famotidine if I want to.
Currently, I'm taking 30 mg Armour and my Blood test is prety much in perfect range for TSH, Free-T3 and Free-T4. I do have days that are great and days that I just don't want to get out of bed. I was doing some google-ing and found this article. at:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthquizzesandtools/a/hypochlorhydria.htm
I let you read it rather than me typing it, but I'm stopping my Famotidine tomorrow because of this article.
Take care,
Rick
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
OOOps, I think this address is better:
http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/digestiveproblems/a/LowHCL.htm

Take care,
Rick
Blank
213044_tn?1236531060
Interesting.

I have many of those symptoms. I am taking Diphenoxylate/Atropine TA to control diahria. The doctor said it would "slow my bowels down" and it has worked.

I've had bowel complaints for quite a while, but my TSH has been up and down constantly over the last year, so I have assumed it was because of fluxuating TSH levels. I will have to keep this in mind if my TSH ever stabilizes and digestive complaints do not abate.
Blank
219522_tn?1251764229
I've been trying the apple cidar vinegar (ACV) treatment for a couple of weeks now, and I'm loving it. You put 2 teaspoons of raw organic apple cidar vinegar (I use Braggs) with a couple of teaspoons organic honey. Then you can add plain water or juice, but I use poland springs sparkling water. It makes a not bad little cocktail. The ACV helps with your acid (or lack thereof) situation [rick], and a side plus is that I've been nicely "regular" [AR-10].

This was recommended to me by Roman under my post "Does anyone know anything about GERD?", so others have found success with it as well.

Good luck guys. Digestive problems are NOT fun.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...