Thyroid Disorders Community
Lower TSH level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Lower TSH level

I am a young man of 44 of very regular habits and non smoker.I am a stress taking person. My weight generally remains under 64 kg to 68 kg. My doctor has diagnosed me as Irratable Bowel Syndrome Patient since 1994. During the last 6 months I was feeling little fatigue and my doctor advised me to go for thyroid test. In that test my TSH level was less than 0.01. T3 and T4 was within normal limits. My blood pressure and HB and other normal blood tests are O K. My weight is 64 kgs these days. Except little fatigue I have no any symptoms or problems of thyroid disorder. My doctor advised me to take methamiz 10 TDS.

My question is that if I have some need to go for further examination ? Am I a patient of Hyper....? Is stress is the major cause of lower TSH level to me. Is Yoga or Meditation can help to cure me. Is there any recommended food which can make my TSH level proper. Is IBS a cause or result of thyroid disorder or they are inter connected? Is any other medicine is prescribed for it and for how long I will have to take this medicine?
Kindly tell me. I will be very thankful to you.
Dinesh1966

you need to be tested for FT3 and FT4, not T3 and T4.

Please get these results and please post them with the reference ranges.

You can also post your actual results for T3 and T4 and the ranges and we'll be able to comment better.

Do you have any hyper symptoms?

If no symptoms, I would want to at least confirm the low TSH and 'high FT3/FT4" before taking meds to suppress thyroid.
TSH is a pituitary hormone and results are not specifically indicative of thyroid function.  Additionally, TSH can fluctuate many times/day.  

I agree that you need to get tested for the Free T3 and Free T4 and post them, along with the reference ranges as shown on your lab report, since these ranges are lab specific.  

I also think you should get tested for antibodies - thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOab), thyroglobulin antibodies (TGab) and thyroid stimulating immunoglobulin (TSI).  TSI will tell if you have Graves Disease, autoimmune thyroid disease (hyper), which could likely be, in your case. The TPOab and TGab will tell you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, the autoimmune thyroid disease, which causes hypothyroidism; It's possible to have antibodies for both of these diseases AND it's possible to have them with normal T3 and T4 levels and no or minimal symptoms. An ultra sound could be helpful as well.

I would also advise getting TSH retested.