Lowering Synthroid Dosage... What are the side effects?
So I have been on the same dosage, 75mg, for almost 8 years now and I have not had any complications until now. I am 22 years old and I have a resting heart rate of 120+ bpm. I was admitted to 2 different hospitals and saw my regular doctor and no one could find anything wrong except for the fact that my heart rate was up. It wasn't until I went to see the cardiologist that it was discovered that my TSH levels are low. They are now in the process of lowering my sythroid dosage to 25 mg and the only side effect that they are telling me of is that I will have a lack of energy for a while and then it will all level out after that. I guess my question is that are there other side effects that I should be aware of? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

~Samantha
What is your TSH before lowering the dose?

I would imagine, if you go hypo again, you may have the type of symptoms you had before treatment.

Then again, you may feel well at 25 mcg.

Make sure to get your TSH and free t4 tested after 6 weeks at the new dose to determine if it is the proper dose.
Isn't it unbelievable that one bloodtest would have found the heart palp problems long before your current doctor .. so frustrating!

I agree with above poster; you won't know until you get there .... let us know and post away with any add'l ?'s!

Welcome to the board~

C~
I was hypothyroid three years ago with tsh of 16, then last month low tsh which made me hyperactive. i was taking 112mcg of Levothyroxin, for the past week synthroid 100 mcg to get balanced. I am so tired that I look like a drunk stumbling around and at work I feel my head falling onto my chest. Please tell me this will go away. Rreally soon.