Lowering TSH level
Hello
My Wife has just gone Hypothyroid from being Hyperthyroid and is now on Synthyroid 0.05 a day when will she start to feel better, any thoughts
Many thanks
what was the treatment ( if any)  that caused her to swing to hypo now.. Was she graves related and had RAI or did she have surgery or did this happen naturally?

Yes she had Graves and had RAI 15th July saw her Endo on the 27th and he put her on Synthyroid 0.05 a day, since I posted my first question, we have had to go back to her family Doc today because some of the Hyperthyroid symptoms had come back, he has taken her off the Synthyroid and we are waiting the results from her blood test!
It takes a long time for many Graves patients to have the autoimmune antibodies stop attacking and in most cases.... they rage more in the first part after treatment because they are "confused" after the RAI happened.

Monitoring her is best and making sure she is working tight with the doctor is what she needs right now to balance her.

Also question on the med Synthroid... this is a .05 mcg - and not a .50 mcg?
We just got her blood test results and she was 16 we go back to her Doc next Monday, she seems much better today than she has been the last few days.
Her Sister went though the same thing 18 years ago, she is fine now!!
Thanks for taking the time to answer my enquiry.
no problem. I can only guess the 16 is a TSH> and if so - is this a 16.0 or a 1.6?

So many things play on knowing all this... trust me :)

Yes your right because she was 19.7  in Nov, then 20.6 last March then when she was on Anti Thyroid med "Tapazole' she went as high as 25.0 they had to increase her meds, after the RAI treatment she went down to 10.4 she was only taking the Synthroid for 9 days when she started having Hyper symptoms again, she is having hard day with her mind mentally today!!