Lump in throat feeling?
I went to the doctor a few months ago, and he was concerned with my heart rate.  (It's always been a little on the high side.)  After blood tests for thyroid function, the results came back suggesting hyperthyroidism.  They did a thyroid scan to see what was going on, and found no uptake.  They then diagnosed me with postpartum thyroiditis (since I have recently given birth.)  I have been to the doctor twice since this time, and each time my blood work has come back in the normal range, although it seems to be slipping towards "hypo" now.  I have not felt any symptoms from this thyroiditis at all, but last week I began to notice a lump in my throat.  At first, I could only feel it when I swallowed, and then it gradually got worse to where I can feel it constantly.  Now it feels as if my throat is tight, and almost like a cotton ball is stuck in my throat that I can't swallow.  It is not affecting my breathing or eating..... it is just an uncomfortable feeling and I wish it would go away.

That being said, I did see my general practitioner two days ago, and he said he thought the symptoms were just still indicative of the pp thyroiditis, and nothing to worry about and it should be going away soon.  I also called the endocrinologist's office to confirm this was a possibility, and he said it could be causing a lump in the throat feeling, but to call back in two weeks if it hasn't gone away, and then they can schedule a CT scan.  

My question is...... has anybody else with this condition felt something similar?  My levels are back to normal, but I suppose my thyroid could still be swollen, and that is what is causing this now?  I just feel that it is weird that I would be feeling a lump in the throat now, and not a few months ago when my levels were out of whack.  Thanks in advance.