Lyme

I was diagnosed with Lyme about 7 months ago, however the Dr. did think I have had it longer than when he diagnosed (at the very least 6 months prior to diagnosing) So far I have been put on 6 different medications.

Two weeks ago I ran out of medicine and experienced all my symptoms twice as bad as when I was diagnosed one week after running out of meds.

I have been off these meds now for three weeks and am experiencing new symptoms which I think may be related to my Thyroid. I have a very sore throat, my neck hurts and the pain goes all the way up the sides to my ears, aches and pains, dry eys, very dry skin on my legs, feet and hands, I am always cold now, exteremly tired (I have slept over 40 hours in 3 days), trouble concentrating, forgetfullness, mood changes, stomache pain, raspy voice, and weight gain ( I have been going to a personal trainer and doing weight watchers and am still gaining weight). I just do not feel like a normal functioning person.

I was wondering if the Lyme could have cause Thyroid, or aggrevated it somehow. Hypothyroid does run in my family (my mother has it).

I have a doctors appointment Jan 28th with the Hosipitals Lyme Clinic in my area to hopefully shed some light. Please let me know what anyone thinks, thanks!
I would imagine it would be very possible for Lymes to have affected your body in many ways. The only way to know for sure is to have the proper thyroid labs done: TSH, Free T4 and Free T3....also wouldn't hurt to have the antibody testing done for Hashimoto's as well.
Just a note to also tell you that when you have had untreated Lymes for a while, you will need "long term" treatment and it will not go away from short term meds. This is not an over night fix....also make sure you are tested for all the co infections as well....you cannot get better from Lymes until the co-infections are irradicated first.  :)
Good luck to you and keep moving forward for the best treatment possible!
I second what she said............
Thanks for the help, the Lyme clinic I will be going to is actually for Chronic Lyme patients only, but I am hoping they will run the thyroid tests as well if I ask seeing that it is hereditary in my family. Also, I have read numerous posts now on other websites potentially linking Lyme and thyroid.

Do either of you know what the long term treatment might be or the co-infections? I was never told what those might be.
Long term treatments greatly vary depending upon who is treating it. I did meds, herbal and got the most benefit eventually from homeopathic.
The co-infections are: Babesia, Ehrlichia, and Bartonella. It is very important to be tested for ALL of these.