Lymph nodes are swollen
Hey there, I have posted about this before but I am getting concerned about it now.  I have a 5.9/left and 5.8/RT side diffuse goiter and low TSH.  I am on Synthroid to help shrink the goiter.  Since, about a month ago, i have noticed that my lymph node in my neck is swollen.  It wasn't swollen before the meds and it it is tender but not painful.  It is getting bigger at first I thought it was just from allergies but I am starting to worry.  I know I should probably call the endo but I go to see him in three weeks.  Should I be concerned about this or am I just being silly???  The lymph node is only swollen on one side and the thyroid on that side seems larger than the other side.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this part of the treatment or is something not working right?  Any help would be great!
You may have Thyroiditis. I had that last summer and mainly one side of my neck was swollen and the lymph nodes were enlarged also.  It was from the inflammation of the thyroid.  It started on just the one side of the neck that swelled, but then it seemed like it was both sides of the neck.  My endo. upped my dosage and I also had a thyroid ultrasound done which showed thyroid nodules that I never knew I had.  Just some advise for you.  I would definately make an appt. because they may need to adjust medications.
New to the thyroidits thing too and that is what I have, swollen, "shotty glands", and and enlarged thyroid larger on right.  I have had normal bloodwork so far but the doc put me on thyroid med anyway, which I am greatful for.  Had an ultrasound and did not show nodules, just heterogeneous goiter.  Another doc gave me a round of antibiotics b/c of all of the swollen glands and I still have them, with some moderate swelling from time to time (the reason for CT), but I have not been "sick" for any of it (like a cold or anything).  I think you could probably call in and let them know if you have seen them before and go from there.  They did not find the cause of either my thyroiditis (there was a mutterance of hashimoto's, but who knows, don't know if the mutterance the doc made was directed at me) or my swollen glands.  I am starting to feel better (had major hypo symptoms with normal blood) so, I would simply suggest a call to the doc to inform and see where that gets you.  It got me nowhere so I got 3 other docs involved til I ended up with a surgeon by mistake and he at least took a look.  My endo is not great and planning to switch soon.  Believe me, you are NOT BEING SILLY, I was and still am to a point, freaked about the situation for me too, so I can relate!  Just make sure you keep trying for answers until they give you a solid one.  That's the reason I am switching endos!

I hope you feel better soon!  Let us know!
Thanks!  I think we talked before about this.  I guess, I didn't call him before because it would seem to go down a little bit but then flare back up bigger than it was before.  Also, I am so tired lately.  I don't know if that has anything to do with the thyroid but I have not been sleeping well at all.  Anyway, did your lymph swelling seem to go all the way down to your thyroid.  If I look at it in the mirror it is swollen under my jaw but if I put even a little pressure on my thyroid in the center just above my collar bone then the whole neck pops out on that side starting at my jaw.  It doesn't do that at all on the other side and I had origionally had swelling on both side of my thyroid.  Ok, ok i hear myself saying this to you and obviously, I am being ridiculous not to call the endo.  I am calling him now and I will keep you posted.  Thanks, for being there!
Thank you for calling your endo.  I hope he can help you.  I went to bed feelling like crud last night after feeling good during the day yesterday and the day before.  I had not had the swollen gland feelings so much, but woke with it this a.m.  My swelling is from right ear to right clavicle, but seems to be unnoticeable to others for the most part.  I still have the swollen glands and can feel little ones everywhere along the neck, even thr left side, although my thyroid and swelling symptoms are on the right.

I'd be interested to know what they do for you and I hope it works!  Let me know what happens!  Hope you start feeling better soon!

~Kim
Did anyone get any help to figure out what is going on? I am having the same problems, my lymph nodes never seem to go down.  Now I have a whole cluster of lymph nodes behind my ear swollen so big that they hurt really bad.  It's like I have a headache right there.