Thyroid Disorders Community
Lymph nodes inside the mouth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Lymph nodes inside the mouth?

Are there lymph nodes inside your mouth? I ask because I've had this lump in the soft tissue under my tongue for a while now and it's larger and more firm than the one on the left.

I just had a second US of my thyroid and so in thinking of a small possibility of cancer, it makes you concerned that it just may be cancer and the lump could be a spread to the lymph nodes. I know it's more worry based, but after my new endo tells me I should have a US at least once a year and my biopsy was not specific when almost 2 yrs ago, that endo told me it was benign and he didn't need to see me again.... well, I'm sure a lot of you know how the mind works in this situation.

I guess I'm asking if I should bring this to the attention of my new endo?

Thanks again to everyone here. You are all so patient in helping understand this all!
Just noticed a hard, non moving lump in my neck, where the chin meets the neck, same side. The node on other side moves and is small...
I will be calling my endo Monday for US results. Maybe I'll ask to speak to his nurse about it....