Thyroid Disorders Community
Lypmh node enlargement versus carotid artery bulb in US

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I had a recent ultrasound (US) that showed my carotid bulb but I feel a large lump there too.  Is it possible that this is an enlarged lymph node?  I have three thyroid nodules (2 with suspicious characteristics) and am afraid the US missed something.  Thanks.  
I know a little of what you are going through.  I have carotid inflamation (inflammation) and thyroid swelling and they are just "feeling" a nodule, 5+ months later.  I just wanted to tell you what my doc told me - he called it, in my case, compartment syndrome.  It is like swelling with no place to go.  My carotid feels like it is swelling most of the time.  It makes the upper part of my neck tight to go along with my tight neck from thyroid swelling.  I was put on steroids, anitinflamatory and xanax to reduce the neck swelling, it helped for a little bit, but now its back and they changed my swelling med to a muscle relaxer yesterday.  I hope this helps some.  Wishing you well ~K