Thyroid Disorders Community
Mass On Thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Mass On Thyroid

I am a healthy 31 year old female with a somewhat busy life. I have two kids and work from home. For the past 5 months I have been getting more and more tired as the days go by. I am not having any trouble sleeping but more trouble waking up. I went to the doctor 10 weeks ago and they said that my thyroid was enlarged. I had blood tests done and they came back ok. I was told to come back in 4 weeks for a checkup. As the days went on I was so tired that I could not stand it. Along with the tiredness I have lost a lot of weight. I am pretty tall 5'9 and now weigh 125 pounds. When I went back into the doctor she sent me to get a sonogram of the thyroid. That came back and they told me I had a dominant right thyroid mass with increased vascular flow measuring 2.5 x 1.3 x 1.6 cm within the mid portion. The mass is homogeneously hypoechoic. I am still confused what these words mean. They have ordered a thyroid uptake scan which I am having done on Monday. I guess my question is with all of my blood work coming back normal, I still am so tired, my hands shake all of the time, I can't think straight and I am losing weight fast. I feel like I am being brushed off b/c from the start of the enlarged thyroid it has been over 10 weeks and I still have yet to see an endo. They said I have to have the uptake scan first and then see the specialist. Do you have any suggestions? I feel like I am losing control and I HATE being this tired. Is this usually a long process? HELP! Could the mass be cancer?
I've just come from the drs as I have a lump just above my collarbone.
I have a multinodular goitre and am supposed to get it ultrasounded every 12 months but because I've been getting checked for ms for the last 16 months everything else has been put on the backburner......
Now I have to go get this lump checked out and now I'm worried on top of the ms thing that it might be cancer, he says the lump is firm, but to me it feels soft.

Do you have a lump at all, let me know how you get on with your results........

Melissa