Thyroid Disorders Community
Medication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Medication

is Tapazole considered an immunosuppressant?

thanks
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
I think if you don't get the answer here that you need you may want to look on Rx.com -- it is pretty resourceful.
Blank
176557_tn?1222893911
According to Dr. Lupo on the medical board, tapazole is associated with immune system supression in rare cases.  Take a look at his answer to the question about Hyperthyroidism in the twins about half way down the page.

When I was on Tapazole, my doctor warned me to stop taking it and come in for blood tests immediately if I ever developed an infection (actually, two different endos told me the same thing).  Tapazole can wreak havoc on white blood cells, that I do know for sure.  I never had any problem, and it is rare for most people to have problems like that while on Tapazole.
Blank
many thanks for your answer.
can you please let me know what you mean by "wreak havoc"?
from your answer i can understadn that Tapazole may have a side effect on the WBC, and i admit that, but is it a medication that can jeopardize the immune system in a way that it won't be able to make antibodies against viruses such as HIV.
Blank
many thanks for your answer.
can you please let me know what you mean by "wreak havoc"?
from your answer i can understadn that Tapazole may have a side effect on the WBC, and i admit that, but is it a medication that can jeopardize the immune system in a way that it won't be able to make antibodies against viruses such as HIV.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...