Thyroid Disorders Community
Memory Problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Memory Problems

Can memory problems go along with slight being slightly hyperthyroid?

I had a total TT on Aug 30, and have been on generic synthroid since then. 100 mcg. I feel good, lots of energy, but not too much, except every now and then.

Will be getting RAI i131 in two weeks on LID, since thursday. Am not being taken off synthroid, but instead will be doing thyroid treatment.

I've noticed I have some memory problems for the last couple of weeks.  Can't remember people's names, missing appts, losing things. (I've always been a little absent minded, but this seems a lot worse.) Sometimes I find myself losing what I was saying right in the middle of the sentence.

I had labs done about a couple of weeks after TT, and for once didn't see them for myself, but my endo said all was fine.

I'm scheduled to have labs again after treatment. Just wondering if I should ask for them again, or if this is even related.  
Related Discussions
213044_tn?1236531060
Memory problems can be caused by thyroid problems, so it's not just in your mind.

LOL! Sorry, tried to make a joke.

I don't know of any blood tests that would be helpful. You can talk to your Endo or PCP (GP) about the problem and see if it warrants B-12 shots, or you can go to the pharmacy and buy some over the counter B-12 sublingual tablets.

I've been trying the B-12 sublingual. You put them under your tongue and let them disolve, which is why they're called sublingual. you can eat them like candy, pretty much, as you can't overdose on them. I haven't been very good about taking them, because I keep forgetting. LOL!

My wife used to have VERY bad memory problems, and she took B-12 shots several times a year. I haven't gotten that desperate yet. I just muddle along and tell eveyone my memory is gone. I have notes laying all over creation.

I hate that bit about...what were we discussing, again? ;)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank