More frequent periods with Hyperthyroid or Hypothyroid?
Okay Yall it's me again.  Feel free to read any of my earlier posts but now I have a new symptom.  I do not go back to the Endo to have my blood checked until March/April.  Last check TSH was at 0.5.  Aside from the eye twitching I had for about a week and still get sporadically, now I am spotting blood vaginally after bowel movements.  Sorry so gross!  I have done this for 3 days now assuming my period is coming but it hasn't come.  The blood was brown then red.  I am thinking that my period is still coming to visit but unfortunately I just had it 2 weeks ago.  Something like 19 days between beginning and this beginning.  When I was a teenager I had extremely heavy periods that would last for like 9 days.  Over the past few years they have grown less in length to like 5 days with 3/4 very very heavy days.  I have very little cramping during cycle but my bottom is very sore during the heavy flow.  My doc thinks I may be Hashimotos, but no test came back to prove positive so far.  Also do to my long list of health problems the doctor told me to try to lose weight so I am trying very hard and it is coming off slowly.  Do you think increase in exercise could bring on your period?  Anyway I am confused because some people say more frequent periods with Hypo and some say with Hyper so which is it?  I am not on birth control and not sexually active.
Thyroid problems do crazy things to periods. With Hashi, I would get a period that was light, then two weeks later, get a heavy period. I just never knew.

With Hashi, docs generally look for a TSH over 3.0, but that can be misleading, as we can swing hyper to hypo and our TSH will vary from week to week.

What Hashi tests did you get? TGab and TPOab antibodies? Most docs only test TSH. If so, they you were shortchanged. Only the antibodies and a thyroid ultrasound will reveal Hashi.

Also, I think you should see a gyn (or maybe a gastro?) about the bleeding after bowel movements.

Finally, yes strenuous exercise has brought on my period.

:) Tamra