Aa
A
A
Close
Multinodular Goiter, Hashimoto's syndrome sono result question
I've just received the results of my ultrasound. The doctor is requesting a biopsy. So I called to make an appt. Waiting for the call back.
But, I would like to understand what I'm reading. The internet searches are toot technical.

The Gland is mildly enlarged. The right lobe measures 5.2 x 1.6 x 1.9 cm. The left lobe measures 5.2 x 1.7 x 2 cm. The isthmus measures 3 mm. There are several Thyroid nodules. The nodule in the right inferior lobe measures 0.9 x 0.6 x 0.7 cm. There's also a solid nodule measuring 0.5 x 0.4 x 0.4 cm. In the left lower pole there is a hypoechoic circumscribed nodule measuring 1.5 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm. There is a complex cyst in the lower pole measuring 0.6 x 0.8 x0.8 cm.

Color doppler evaluation demonstrates no internal vascularity to the left lesion. The right inferior pole solid lesion measuring 0.9 cm has internal vascularity and FNA is recommended.

Impression: Multinodular goiter. There is a hypervascular nodule in the lower pole on the right lobe measuring 0.7 x 0.9 x 0.6 cm. FNA of this lesion is suggested.

Any experts know how to read this?
Or anyone experience the same?
What's the likelihood that these nodules are not ok?
Thank you,
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1484935765
Blank
FL
Blank
MI
Blank
Queensland, Australia
Blank
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank