Thyroid Disorders Community
Muscle PAIN (Hyperthyroid)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Muscle PAIN (Hyperthyroid)

Hi everyone,

I have a question in re-Hyperthyroid

I experienced this muscle pain 2 times

First time it was 1 1/2 years ago and it lasted 2-3 weeks, my quad was in pain and I couldn't stand up for about 20 mins or so, but even after 20 mins the pain was still there and it lasted about 2 hours + and after 2 weeks it suddenly go away

Second time it was my calf and I m in pain (right now), I know that muscle weakness is one of the hyperthyroid symtoms (symptoms), but has anyone experience worse muscle pain (couldnt stand up?) and is there any way to help/stop the pain? and does this have anything to do with the tapazole I m taking?

Thanks for the help
I would contact your Dr and you need blood work in my opinion as a patient.  Not only TSH levels, etc., but they will do some mineral levels and metabollic panel to ck. calcium and magnesium, etc.

I'm not really too well versed in this area but wanted to say hello and suggest you call your dr.  this is something that isn't to be ignored.

Cheryl
I had that pain which in turn caused me to go to the Doctor and Graves and Hyperthyroidism was diagnosed.
I have suffered from joint pain since last year and usually it is at its worse when I am suffering from T3 toxycosis (high level of FT3).
You need to get your Labs done and checked by a Doctor.
It can also be caused by anti-thyroid meds so talk to your Doctor.

Debs