Thyroid Disorders Community
Muscles aches/Joint pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Muscles aches/Joint pain

I am getting crazy with my symptoms for last 2 years , instead of getting better it is either in same place or bit worst. Main issue i have is muscles ache /joint pain  and exercise intolerance .I can hold things longer i have pain in my calves /shin splint and upper arms/shoulder . Doctor thought could be RA but test came back negative and other autoimmune test also came back negative .
My thyroid level is also kind of flapping as well , it never got stable in last 2 years always changing dose after 6 weeks . Currently on 88mcg Levoxyl and my TSH was  1.8.
Last month they change brand from Levoxyl to Synthroid and pain got worst , could it be synthyroid side effects ?. Now return back to Levoxyl.

Please help me and share your stories. I am male 35 years old.
hi sorry not much help for you but will bump you up in the hope someone else can
sorry you feel so bad it seems a common problem with those that are still waiting for thyroids to settle
good luck
Jax190, Thanks for your reply. I really need some moral support and need to know people  out there who are having similar issues that help in reduce my stress /anxiety level which is tremendously hight and i don't want to take any antidepressant . Is it common on to have canker soar on tongue in hashi /hypothyroidism ?.
Please every reply here
Please help me here by just sharing your stories , i am getting mad day by day with this kind of feeling i am loosing my mind and it seems like some thing else going on. Is hashi/Hypothyroid can cause dry mouth /canker soar  in mouth ?.Please help me  reduce my stress by just writing few words here . You guys are always consider my family please share your stories .
People who are ready my post , another thing i want to add i recently tested vit d level athough i was taking 1000IU/day vit d for last 30 days . My vit d level shows 25-hydroxyvitamin D is 27 (25-55) normal value , although in search i fund optimum level should be 45-50. Can any share some stories and suggestion in this aspect as well

I too am 36 male with Hashimoto's.  Started taking generic Levothyroxine in late Octorber at 50 mcg (TSH=90).  Increased to 75 mcg  in end of November.  Cont'd generic until March.  Beagn having some minor aches in shoulder blade area, not too bad.  Switched to name brand Synthroid to see if symptoms would improve.  They did not the pain migrated up and down my back, shoulder blades, ribs and into my deltoids and biceps. I am also intolerant to any exercise at this point.  Prior to the aches I worked out regularly and heavily with free weights with no problems.

At that point my TSH was between 20-30 still high.  Doctor insisted on 100mcg.  TSH fell to near 10 however my symptoms of pain became wide spread head to toe.  Biggest issue is in my quadraceps and hamstrings.  Legs feel "unstable" at times.  Rheumatologist ran many tests for RA, connective tissue disorder (Lupus etc.) checked c-reactive protein and muscle enzymes.  Also checked w/ a neurologist regarding burning sensations that I developed.  No diagnosis of any condition.  Pain in joints but no inflammation.

This week I switched back to the original generic and at a lower dose (75mcg) to see if the symptoms resolve.  Hopefully they will and then I may go to the appropriate level for TSH.  Additionally I visited a local Fibromalgia center to get a different diagnosis with a more holistic approach.  They will be looking for metabolic disorders/deficiencies, search for any hormonal imbalances, anti thyroid "reverse t3" levels along w/ the TSH, T4 and free T3.

Hopefully a solution will be found.  I went around 4 months of feeling great like I had a new life before any of the symptoms showed.  I am wondering if anyone else started feeling great for a while after starting the therapy before developing the side effects.

Good luck all,

Dave
I too am having alot of the same symtoms (symptoms) as you. I was diagnoised with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis about a year and half ago. So far every 6 to 8 weeks my medicatition has been changed. It is extremely frustrating ,while some things are getting better ( i am not sleeping 20 hrs a day anymore) other things are getting worse my biggest complaint is the muscle aches in my thighs and calves , i also have great difficulty climbing stairs,also the soles of my feet hurt.I used to be a fairly active and enjoyed skiing,walking my dog ect... I haven't been able to enjoy any of these things for sometime now. Sorry I can't be of any help right now ,but i plan to continue to search for some kind of remedy or releif from the aches and pains. I would appreciate it if you would keep me posted on your progress.
Amac159