My friends is having serious problems after Total Thyroid Removal
My friend had a surgery to remove her thyroid last about a week ago and her neck is healing but she is still in the hospital a week later. Her calcium is so low that she goes into what looks to be seizures but it is not a seizure. She said she can't move her hands or talk and to look at her, her muscles tighten in her face, hands and right before it happens, her chest feels heavy
Those are all symptoms of hyperparathyroid.  When we have our thyroids removed, the parathyroids can get "shocked", and they don't function properly for a time.  Parathyroids are responsible for maintaining the calcium levels in our bodies.  Sometimes the parathyroids don't return to normal function, and the person affected needs to supplement calcium for the rest of their lives.  My parathyroids were shocked for about a week, and it was awful.  Luckily mine recovered, and I hope your friend's will too.