My ultrasound results - what does it mean?
Hi everyone,  this is my ultrasound results - what do you think it means?  

"The thyroid gland is diffusely enlarged with heterogeneous texture without focal mass or cyst.  It measures 5.1x2.0x1.5cm on the right and 5.1x1.9x1.4cm on the left and 0.3cm thickness at the isthmus.  Diffuse multinodular goiter.  Irregular vascularity on both lobes."

My TSH is 4.14, free T4 1.2, T3 total 127.  A month ago, before starting 100mcg of Synthroid, my TSH was 4.10, free T4 of 1.4 and T3 of 137.

I have only taken synthroid so far, but will look into alternatives/suppliments - and is in a search for a good DO in Loma Linda (California).  Is there anything I should watch out for or ask for test?  If you know of a good DO out here, I would really appreciate to hear.  Thanks everyone, it is such a nice community here.
898
Thanks for posting the results.
One strange thing I noted right away: the ultrasound mentions no nodule sizes, however the summary says: multinodular goiter.
The correct description should be most likely like “diffuse thyroid enlargement of heterogeneous echo structure”
In more chronic cases of  thyroiditis, the typical sonographic features include: a diffusely enlarged gland with heterogeneous pattern. Due to the inflammation, color Doppler may demonstrate irregular vascularity.
The next logical step will be the TPO antibodies testing (elevated reading suggests the Hashimoto's thyroiditis)
Thank you so much for your explanation.  My antibodies is greater than 1000.  It has been harder than I thought, trying to find another doctor.  Please take care.
898
Such level of antibodies most likely indicates Hashimoto's thyroiditis.