NEED HELP. SO FRUSTRATED. TSH 0.086
I have been dealing with endo dr.'s for about 2 years.  I do not take meds for my thyroid.  I had biopsy on both sides and all was good.  Here's the problem.  I'm out of the US currently but went to a regular GP.  He ran some blood test, the T3-143.3  T4-4.93  TSH-0.086.......   If I have over active hormones why am I so tired all the time.  Going to the first endo dr. I gained 40 lbs..  I feel ill all the time and blah.  I want to get back to who I used to be (a live person).  I feel as if this is getting in the way of my work.  I am so very frustrated I actually broke down and cryed in the dr.'s office, when he recommended yet another endo dr..  Also, medicine that I take seems to have opposite effects on me, eg. take a sleeping pill and it's like drinking 12 large espresso's.  Drink coffee, tired.  I feel like i'm backwards and really want to get back to normal or at least feel like a human being again.  I am taking beta blockers thanks to the first endo dr.

Sorry for the long story again just need to figure this out.  I realize dr's are only human as well.  No disrespect intended.
What are the reference ranges for the T3 and T4?  Ranges vary lab to lab so have to come from your own report.  Also, are they tests for Free T3 and Free T4, or are the for totals?  They aren't the same thing.

Being tired is a symptom of both hyper and hypo, as can others.

Poor you! I can totally empathise with how frustrated you must feel. I'm not sure about what your test results mean as Barb says about the reference ranges but you really have to be persistant with drs and yeh they totally are only human. You will get to the bottom of it I'm sure of it. I'm still trying to do that myself I must be honest, but one thing I've learned is persistance and patience! You are not alone in how you are feeling but you will find out whats going on. Levels can be so up and down for people with thyroid problems. It took 8 blood tests before my thyroid even showed it was underactive!!! Crafty wee bugger! ;) I was really bad for a long time and then got better and was like a normal human again,now, not so much and I feel so frustrated at times and I'm off work, but that is only because I believe Drs over here in NI don't really understand thyroid diseases. I'm really hoping to get to the bottom of it this time. You will too! Persistance and patience :)
Being in UK, I'd assume you are on the NHS for your health care?  I'd say your doctor understand thyroid, but are limited in what they are allowed to do.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we find that many of our UK members have a very hard time getting tested/treated properly, due to the limited tests, and meds, allowed by NHS.  The allowable tests seem to be TSH, and sometimes, a Free T4, but only rarely, a Free T3, which is the active hormone that actually enters the cells and does the work.......

We've had members who have had to beg/plead/demand, and still not get what they needed.  Some have had to go private in order to get adequate testing/treatment.
Yeah barb definitely agree with u on that one!! I have done a lot of begging & pleading even to get this far!! But like I said I'm very persistent & like a dog with a bone lol so I'll make them get to the bottom of this... when u said about my Drs understanding thyroid... my gp pretty much did what I did & "googled" hashimotos!! Hopefully my endocrinologist will have a bit more knowledge on Tuesday. :)