Thyroid Disorders Community
NEW LABS and FINALLY RELIEF!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

NEW LABS and FINALLY RELIEF!!!

wow.  how much things have changed in just 4 weeks....     I was on testosterone.  They found out my estradial was high and gave me a estrogen blocker.  Half my symptoms dissapeared.  No more nausea and the anxiety is better.  I am still not there yet.  But i can taste it!!    Still the ear ringing but not as bad.   Im getting there.   Check out my new labs.  I cant tell if this is from the thyroid increase, or because i heard high estrogen blocks the thyroid (or both).  The dr. bumped me from 320 to 340 mcg t4.  wants me to test again on Dec 31 just to make sure im not hyper (and to get it in this year LOL)

This is on 320 MCG t4.  What i find interesting is the ft3 did not move at all.  anyone have any idea why?  is this where i start thinking about some t3?

5 weeks on 320 mcg

tsh 5.88   range .4 -4.5      ALMOST IN RANGE THANK YOU G-D
t4 free 1.4   0.8-1.8     UP TWO NOTCHES!
t3 free  2.8  2.3 -4.3     STAYED THE SAME    :(

280 mcg
tsh 20    range .4 -4.5
t4 free 1.2   0.8-1.8
t3 free  2.8  2.3 -4.3

last results were on 255 mcg t4

tsh  24       range .4 - 4.5
t4 free  1.1   0.8-1.8
t3 free 2.6    2.3-4.2
Hey, Whats up Bruce, So you said your Free T4 has improved, but your Free T3 stayed the same? If this is the case, let me know, Goolare gave me a formula using your lab/ranges to determine if you are not converting T4 to T3, And that is exactly waht happened to me, so now instead of Synthroid, I am taking Armour, but you can get Cytomel in addition to your T4 med. Let me know if you need the formula, I will PS it to you. Take Care FTB4
Sorry about the typo's, I meant PM not PS (I am on some heavy meds and don't type well) FTB4
My advice when on T4 only meds is this:  Get your FT4 to midrange (unless, of course, you become asymptomatic before that).  You've just done that!  (Wow!  Congratulations!)  If you're feeling better, but not yet 100%, my advice would be to give it some time.  Once FT4 gets into optimal range, it often takes FT3 a while to "catch up".  There's often a lag, where FT4 remains stable, but FT3 continues to go up as conversion ramps up again.  Symptoms can lag even the FT3 increase.  It might be a good time for a little breather.  

In your case, add to that the estrogen blocker, and it might be time to see where it all falls out.
Contgratulations!!  We kept telling you there was light at the end of the tunnel. LOL  

Agree with goolarra, that it's time to take a breather and give it some time to see how things all settle out.
I love you guys.   <<<<>>>>

Frank - im interested in the theory that gimel sent you.  

My dr. gave me this huge *** panel for dec 31.  its like a $3000 blood work up.  

I will be patient...   9 freakin months on T4!  finally
Check your Inbox.
Thanks.    Maybe i spoke too soon.  The wackies came back today.  Fatigue, weird head pressure.  I guess I cant complain too much since I felt good for most of the week.  And compared to what is going on in the world today, I am thankful.
I take my meds at night.  Wake up i feel fine.  But by mid afternoon Im fatigued, beat down, broken.   Then later in the day i feel not so bad.  BUt its like a whackyness period.   I thought it was from the meds originally, but it cant be that because i take the meds at night.  I heard this might eventually go away, but for me it lingers on.
Bruce, Did you do that conversion formula on your Free T3 and T4 that I sent you?, It was given to me by goolarra, that is how I found out about my conversion issue. Take Care FTB4
not yet..   ive been pretty whacky lately.  Now my neck and back hurts.  I think because i just increased my meds im in the 10 day whacky period.

Tonight i got up to go pee during dinner and the waiter came over and asked my wife if i was okay because i looked mad.   I told my wife that if she could feel like this for about 3 seconds she would look mad too...   Its hard to stay solid when you have this many aches and pains.
Been there too, Last night it took me until around three in the morning to fall to sleep, finally when I did go to sleep I had this dream I ate a 200lb Marsmallow, then when I woke up my pillow was gone!    Get Better FTB4
Your still HYpo!!
Frank,   Whatever you do, dont watch criminal minds or law and order before going to bed.  My wife and I have been on this kick watching these shows and i have had some BIZARRE dreams.

Kevin,  can you enlighten me, or send word to the grim reaper to bring it on?  
These are the latest?

"5 weeks on 320 mcg

t3 free  2.8  2.3 -4.3     STAYED THE SAME    :("

I agree that you're still  hypo.  Look at your FT3 vs FT4.  FT4 is 60% of the range and FT3 is only 26%....... the only saving grace is what goolarra and I both said, above.... FT3 often lags behind FT4, and symptoms often lag behind both...

You're also on that estrogen blocker than can affect a variety of things. Yep, give it some time.
no your doing good!!! heading in the right direction!!! hang in there !! you;llsee how much better you will be as your numbers get better!!!
Barb - YES

they bumped me to 340 mcg.  Im on day 4 of this.   I cant tell if i am better or worse on the estrogen blocker at this point.  I went from my hormone doctor to my internal med guy - he agreed to stay on the testosterone and the estrogen blocker.  He said that as low as my testosterone was (215, range 400-800)  that i need the testosterone.  He is the guy that diagnosed me but i wouldnt trust him at all with treatment.  
I have a hard time believing that one day this will be gone.  seems to get more intense with every increase
I hear you. I don't get it. I have a question for you. As you increased did you feel your mood worsened?  I wasn't feeling so bad until the increase. I just feel like I can barely lift my head. Did you go through this?
yes.  i get snappy.  feel like everyone is out to get me.  Trying so hard to keep my family from taking off.  the anxiety is horrid, so are the weird headaches.
Are you on levothyroxine? And have you tried others? If so were there different side effects? Sorry to be asking while you are going through. I hope you feel better.
ive done it all.  ive been on all of it... at one time i couldnt take 12.5 mcg t4.   Now i am on 340 mcg.   I can spread it on my toast and eat it for breakfast.  Its like water to me LOL
Ok again and I don't mean to be a bother but I don't get this hashimotos stuff. I just went up from 37.5 to 50 mcg of levothyroxine. I feel like crying, I'm angry, I feel suicidal because I've been sick so long and I still feel shacky. Will these emotions pass or will it get worse? I really need help on dosage increases. Let me know. Thanks!
Hi can you email me the t4, t3 conversion formula. My hormones are soooo off and I've found no doc to help.
toni,

you need to start your own post so you can get better help on here.  Here is what i would include:

diagnosis  (hashimotos etc)
have you had a sonogram?  what did it show?
your labs (with ranges)
your meds and how long on the meds
your symptoms

Its a long hard road out of hell.   Just remember that.  It takes time.  Im on 3 years, but i had my thyroid removed 11 months ago.  It has taken 11 months to get where i am and i am still far from good.    Test every 4-5 weeks.   Then adjust.  Then test, then adjust.  

My doctor gives me a lab slip on every visit.  For example, i have a lab slip in my bedroom.  On Dec 30 i will go have my labs drawn.  On Dec 31 I will go see her.  She will give me a lab slip for Jan 31 when i leave her office.
Hi I do have some threads, I'm only looking for someone to tell me if its normal to have effects with dosage increases. Every time I increase I feel worse. I'm just wondering if that is normal? And will it pass? I can't seem to get that answer. I want to keep going but I feel like crap with each increase. I can handle it if I know it will get better. Thanks for your time. I know your not doing well yet but I guess we are all here for support even if we are not better yet. Also I remember reading one of your post were you said you couldn't take 12.5 mcg and know your in the 300's that why I'm asking you because you went through a lot with increases. I just don't know what to expect.  Thanks for your help!
well i can personally tell you that every time i increase, for about 10 days i feel worse, then i go back to the same crappyness i felt prior.  I think what is happening is that the thyroid is trying to get into the cells and the cells at first do not accept it, but gradually allow it to enter and recognize it.  Yes feeling crappy after an increase (or decrease)  is normal.
Ok Bruce and thank you so much. I pray that as you continue your journey that your healing will be sooner. I believe it will come. Thank you again
thank you.  I get new lab results tomorrow on 340 mcg t4.  I am still going hypo about 3 pm and taking meds at night so i know ill probably get another increase tomorrow.  The anxiety S U C K S
please post results