Thyroid Disorders Community
NP vs Armour Results.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

NP vs Armour Results.

Just got results back. I was switched to Amour a month ago due to NP  shortage.  here are my latest labs.

TSH 0.41  range 0.40-4.50
T4 free 1.3  range 0.8-1.8
T3 free 5.2  range 2.3 -4.2

I was feeling good up until the switch to Amour , now I'm tired, getting fatigued, joints are cracking ,  Acella pharmacy(maker of NP) called me this week said NP is back in production now and will be available, trying to switch back.  same dose . was feeling perfect and had perfect labs same dose on NP. hopefully this week! BS that you have to go through this, especially after it takes so long to get things right!   Kevin
Are you not feeling hyper with and FT3 way over the range?  Tiredness and fatigue are symptoms of both hyper and hypo.
I feel ya, Kevin.....I was just getting good myself, finally, when I had to switch to Armour myself. Thanks for posting your numbers--I had added a little to my dose on the Armour as I just wasn't sure how that would work. I have a certain issue that goes nuts when I go hypo so I have been avoiding that at all costs.

Acella was supposed to call me as well but haven't. Thanks for the heads up-will call my pharmacy now. If I ever had any questions about NP working the best for me, I don't anymore. Acella told me they were updating their manufacturing facility so they could make more to meet the demand and NO reformulation....we shall see about that. If only I could get a script for 3 months at a time, I'd be set...

If my memory serves me, your FT4 went down and your FT3 went UP--I'm going to have to think on that :) Here's hoping you and I get our NP soon.....thanks for the post.
yes I think so at first I really thought it was the opposite hypo, but when I got results I was a little shocked.  same symptoms. fatigue.  mostly  some joint cracking, haven't felt this in a while. its terrible I was felling great, thought I finally had this perfect, numbers and dose. till the np shortage.  
Jackie the ft4 stayed about the same the free t3 went up?? so I guess I absorb the Amour better?? same dose.?? goes to show they are not all the same.  I feel better on the NP, hang in there! Kevin
I had a feeling that NP packed more of a T4 punch. I have been on the Armour for 3 weeks now. I believe I feel better on the NP too, not sure I want to find out what 6 weeks on Armour is like. Acella has not called me yet....hope you feel better soon :)
I am thinking that if Armour has more T3, one would think it might work better for me, having had the high RT3 problem. I thought for awhile that the NP had something to do with that and it may have, but I definitely felt better on NP. Just called my pharm and I should have mine tomorrow :)
I got to get back on NP !!!  
Just curious if you took Armour the day of the blood draw-or at least within 12 hours.  That would make your Free T3 look high.

I am sorry you feel so tired.  Your Free t's look similar to mine a few months ago. I went to the doctor thinking I needed to increase because of the symptoms and I had high Free T3 and mid high Free T4, as well.  So being hyper felt the same as hypo.  My doctor wanted to lower my dose.  After some research and really going through my blood work I started working on raising my iron levels and added a few other supplements just to see.

Something worked.  The next blood test my Free T's were lower (Free T4 on the low end and Free T3 in mid range). But I felt great-as long as I didn't stress or take my Armour late.   I needed to increase to get those numbers back up-now up to 120 mg or 2 grains.  Sometimes I cannot believe how normal I feel again. :)
took dose 5 and half hours before the draw. freet3 lasts 4  that's my usually routine. felt great before switch to amour... HAVING A PROBLEM finding NP again. Target claims they still cant get it from their distributer but are going to call me today after they research it. I told them its back in production now they didn't know???? great your feeling great! Kevin
cant get NP here IN NJ ????
Walgreens or a grocery/pharmacy chain? Got mine at a Krogers, and the next day after they ordered it. Shouldn't be too long in any case, hang in there.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's joints crack, I wasn't sure why they did that, so yours crack when your hyper? Mine crack off and on right now, I was upped 1/2 of a 15mg  plus my 45mg I'm hoping I will stop cracking once it gets into my system, just glad to hear I'm not the only one. Its so nice having this forum, it helps you feel not alone
It's gone both ways for me on the cracking- hypo or hyper. Just a med change has done that to me. I would say it would depend on your labs and other symptoms too.   60mg is not really a very high dose- how are your frees?
my last test 5/31 ft3 was 3.2   range  2.3-4.2   and my ft4 was 0.7  range 0.7-1.5 I believe I took this test at 8:00 am and I took my Armour at 7:00 if not just a little bit earlier, so that could count for my TSH to be 1.799 range 0.358- 3.74  after this test my doctor abliged me by upping me 1/2 of a 15mg pill per day, which I think is helping, I've only been on this increase for maybe 3weeks, I will be having my next test Aug 31 and this time I'm not going to take my pill till after the test, My doc informed me that she watches only the TSh and if it lowers then she will adjust my pills, these doctor I don't understand there thinking. talk later debbie
cant even get it on medco, expressscripts mail order said its on back order
Are there Kroger grocery/pharmacies in NJ??
I never heard of them??  but we have Shoprite! LOL
NP is Back!!!!
Oh thank goodness.....been back on it for almost a month myself, that was ridiculous!!!! Very glad :)
thanks Jackie!