Thyroid Disorders Community
Natural Dessicate thyroid from Thailand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Natural Dessicate thyroid from Thailand

I read on Stop the thyroid madness about NDT from Thailand, called Thyroid-S.  I researched it and there have been great reviews.  So I ordered it and have been taking it for 2 days now.  I feel ok but only 2 days in. Anyone else on this?  I know it is hard to get use to NDT when you have been on synthroid/cytomel.  they were not working for me. I am hoping this does.  thank you for your help.
Are you taking this under a doctor's supervision?
Yes goolarra - you can only obtain a script of Thyroid S from a doctor... I am taking the ERFA thyroid from Canada and I have done some reading on the desiccated thyroid products coming through with the FDA knowing this was happening for many thyroid patients taking NDT.

ERFA thyroid is pretty much the same and Thailand is a big producer of the ERFA thyroid  - so you should be in good hands... I am doing very well on this medication as good as I did on the Old Armour back in the day. very satisfied with the quality.

I must caution you on obtaining the meds even with the script from your US doctor on going to 3rd distributors of ordering thyroid meds... We have found counterfeit organizations promoting they can help obtain the meds * for a small fee of course) and then give you false meds.

If you need more information on this - please PM me .

I have the prescription but the pharmacy never asked for it.  It was from edrugnet.com.  I researched it up and down.  I read in other forums of people taking it.  I paid $23.00 for 120 pills.  no shipping fee.  so i bought two for 46.00.  they seem to be working except i had a hard time sleeping last night.  I am just hoping it works better then the synthroid/cytomel combo.  Should I just order from Canada??  My doc said I need  to take 2 grains (which is 60mg) of the NDT.  but isn't that alittle to much for someone who was taking 3/4 of 75mcg of synthroid and 20 mcg of cytomel?  I hear all this stuff about hyper and i am always scared. Also these pills are thyroid extract not powder,  will that make any difference??  My doctor said he has a few patients on this.    thanx for your response.  
these are NOT approved drugs from that source. These are supplements and OTC products...

If you want the scripted ERFA thyroid then go directly to them. cross boarders pharmacy is also a reputable certified source.

Your doctor has patients on thyroid extract? Is your doctor an NP?
No, he is a M.D.   and these ARE APPROVED drugs from stopthethyroid madness.  You can also read the blog there and many people are taking this Thyroid-S as well as ERFA thyroid, Thiriod from Greater Pharma??.  There are also supplements that are listed but not as strong and you would have to take alot to get the same "old Armour" effect.  
I tried to send a pm but it did not work.
How'd it go with edrugnet?
Have you tried the thiroyd?
I realzed idont know the ingredients but I ordered it.
Let me know..
"Thiriod from Greater Pharma"

- was that a misspelling? Is that another foreign brand?

Many Canadian sites sell "thyroid", but its ERFA. ERFA just calls their dessicated pills "thyroid" - kind of a generic name.
Not a misspelling.  i have tried that one and i don't like it as much as the thyroid S.  i ordered it form edrugnet.  i was scared at first but this is my 3rd shipment and never had a problem.  i know a few people who are taking the thyroid s and love it.  they were on armour thyroid and hated the change.  when you order it will take at least 2 weeks.  that is the only down fall.  
Of course these are approved drugs.  Desiccated porcine thyroid hormone are approved.  I have buy from edrugnet.com, edrugnet.co.uk and in Canada for Erfa universaldrugstore.com which are the least expensive ones.

These sources are all accredited. With the ones in Thailand you don't need a prescription.  With the one in Canada you do need a prescription and if you are overseas they will accept your prescription.  In the USA no pharmacy will accept any foreign prescription.  The ones from Thailand will ship to US in a discreet form so you don't have to worry.

I am no Thyroid S and I am very satisfied, at oppose to syntroid which gave me 50 pounds overweight.  I have lost all that excess weight with natural porcine desiccated thyroid hormone.

i will never go back to a synthetic pharma med in my life.  I will not fed any synthetic hormone to my body because I am not made of plastic and my body rejects it.

Hope it helps.
i don't see Thyroid S on edrugnet.com
what do they call it?
where did  you order your thyroid S.  i want to order Thiroyd brand from Greater Pharma but I cannot find a way to buy it that i trust.  I was on synthroid and my body didn't like it either.  Looking for a replacement because I really need one fast.
where did you get your Thyroid S?  I am also interested in Thiroyd brand name as it doesn't have aluminum.  Any website you are aware of that are legit?
Neither Stella nor jjohnson are active on the forum any more, and this thread is 4 yrs old, so the information provided may not be valid anymore.
I buy Thyroid-S from www.ndthyroid.com . It ships super fast from the USA.
Note the disclaimer:

"This product is not intended in any way to treat or cure any disease or condition, and not intended in any way to affect the structure and function of the human body. The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition."

And nowhere on the site could I find a list of ingredients of the product.  I'd be very leery of it.  
so what dosage of synthroid were you on before changing to thyroid s and hhow much thyroid s are you taking. I was wondering if it would work for me....and I am on 100mcg t4
thanks in advance for your response
Barb135,

While I share a dose of skepticism, the disclaimer you point out is bog standard FDA required boilerplate. Meaning: If you do not want to have the FDA shut you down, it is going to be on your site unless you have done all the 3rd party trials etc.

To those above who asked about dosing,

When I asked NDThyroid the same question the reply I got was: "Thank you for contacting us. Each tablet is 1 grain with approximately 38 mcg Levothyroxine (T4)  and 9 mcg Liothyronine (T3). "
two years ago I self prescribed the Thyroid-S which at that time was available through Amazon.com and EBay at a very reasonable price.  I took these tablets, sublingly (under my tongue to soften) then chew.  I lost 30 lbs within 6 months and felt absolutely wonderful.  Then Amazon and Ebay discontinued selling this product so I went without.  Within a  years time after not taking the Thyroid-S from Thailand, I gained back all 30 lbs. plus an additional 17 lbs and had horrible symptoms of hypothyroidism.  My doctor put me on synthroid 25 mg  and it did not help at all, in fact I was still gaining weight, hair falling out, dryskin, etc, etc,etc.  So I asked the doctor to also put me on Liothyronine (Cytomel) in addition to Synthroid.  After my blood work came back the doctor agreed to increase synthroid to 75 mg.  Another blood test in 2 months.  T4, T3 and TSH levels still out of wack. So doctor lowered synthroid dose and at my request added Cytomel 5 mg.  Well, hypothyroid symptoms decreased somewhat, TSH levels too low, T4 and T3 normal, but I gained an additional 7 lbs in 6 months.  So back to decreasing my Synthroid to 46 mg.  Needless to say, I am going back to self-prescribing my thyroid meds and am going back to ordering the NDT Thyroid-S from Thailand.  I felt much better and weight loss was great.
Where are you now ordering the Thyroid-S from without a prescription?
Sent you a PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.  
I have 5 Bottle.
Who interest?
Contact me @MycatPyo
Can you send it on to me too please.
Can you send it on to me too please.
Just sent PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.  
How do we know it's counterfeit?   How do we find out where the genuine suppliers in Thailand are?   I am desperate to get NDT as I can't tolerate Livothyroxin
I don't know if this will help or not, but from a survey conducted by a patient advocate site in the UK, there were patients taking T4 with T3, and also NDT.  Of those taking NDT, 9.7% were from NHS GP, 3.8% by NHS GP Private prescription, 7.44 % from private GP, 4.8% from NHS endo/consultant, 9.95% from private endo/consultant, 61.9% were self-purchased online without NHS prescription, and 6.7 % other.  

So it seems to me that some hypo patients are being successful getting T3 and NDT through the NHS system.  I know it is not easy, but this is how a fellow UK member described her efforts that were finally successful.

"What I have learned from my experience is that you have to go to the Dr's office and TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT and to go backed up with knowledge.  You have to tell them that you have done your reading and looked into your condition and care about the long-term treatment of your health and thyroid.  If you fight for what you want, you will eventually find someone that is happy to go along with your wishes.  But we all have to take charge of our own health, right?"

If you want to take that route and fight it through, we can help provide information that you will need.  If you choose to buy online w/o a prescription, I will give you some info on that.  Your choice.  
Avatar n tn
Can u send it to me too?
Avatar n tn
Can u send it to me too?
I just sent you a PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.
i have a ? and hopefuly i can get one on this thread, ok i was stupid 3 yrs ago and took leveothoxine for wait loss and overdosed  so now 3 yrs later iam having all signs of hypothyroid levels are in normal, tsh 2.57  t4  7.4...and no doctor will try any meds at all so i was thinking of ordering the thyroid-s, what would happen if i really didnt need it, i was going to start with a half to see if my symthoms subside  
Why do you think you need thyroid med at all?  What symptoms do you have?
Just noticed you started a new thread, so I will answer to that one and nothing further here.
Avatar n tn
Can you send it to me  too Please
Just sent a PM with info.  To access, just click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.
Where do we order