Natural Thyroid replacement
Just wondering if anyone has switched from Synthyroid to a natural thyroid replacement, and if so, if you could share your experience if it was positive or negitive?
You'll find many people here have done so and no doubt you will be told of the good and bad!
i did. feel much better on natural then syntroid.
Hi kl42, why do you feel much better on natural thyroid replacement?  What were you feeling prior to taking natural thyroid, and how do you feel now?

Thanks!
not normal. if that makes sense. now feel normal. some  symptoms but not bad,  felt like i was smoking crack on synthroid! Kevin
In my opinion the reason some people feel better with a natural, desiccated thyroid med is that their body was  probably not adequately converting T4 to T3, resulting in a FT3 level that was too low to relieve symptoms.  Studies have shown that FT3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while FT4 and TSH did not correlate at all.  

If T4 conversion is not a problem that causes FT3 to be relatively lower in its range than FT4, then a T4 med is frequently the best alternative, since it is easier to use and results in a more consistent level of thyroid hormone over the entire day.  Because T3 is much faster acting than T4, meds with T3 in them are frequently split into two daily doses to try and even out the effect.  
I've had T3 supplementation in synthetic form with synthroid and as a combo from natural 'pig' thyroid.

As stated above, some people just need more T3.

And I will say some brands and types just work better for some people, even sometimes with comparable levels.

An endo once mentioned that some peoples cells are just picky, from fillers or whatever. He said this from observing patients with optimal free levels, but with lingering symptoms.

The natural dessicated brands are different from each other. Its all trail and error for the individual. Erfa from Canada is the best performing dessicated for the money if your doc will fax a script to Canada.
i don't know why also. i got so called perfect numbers on syntroiid// and levo .was converting well , according to the numbers //lab reports/doctors . but just never felt right on it/felt terrible//. on the natural i felt much better.  in about a month//6 weeks later i still had some symptoms but felt normal. had to work at getting the numbers right,  but as that got better  symptoms left or were reduced. so you might just feel better on the natural or a different brand of synthetic.//might not just be a conversion problem// some doctors think the natural is better excepted in our body, other say it doesn't matter. not sure just know how i felt //  doctors  really never explain why?/ just go by the lab results.  you might have to do some experimenting with different brands of natural to see one works best for you. it all takes alot of time ,// also heal your adrenal also . helps you accept the thyroid med into your system,  so hang in there. !  keep working at it! don't accept that everyhthing is good until you feel good! Kevin
I switched over years ago  and it was my answer