Thyroid Disorders Community
Neck Mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Neck Mass

2940278?1211457114
Hello my name is Dave.I had a mass in my neck for 15 months that was causing every pain from head to right side of lower of my body.and chest,I went to an ENT doctor and had a oltersound and CT scan and saw a mass 3cm just ubove the thiroid,we did surgrey and removed it.two weeks later i felt it so start growing again...people i mean i was growing fast so i went back to Doctor and he could not beleave that it came back and that it is growing so fast.so after 10 weeks I have had the worst pain in my life,the same pain i have had before and more,thay told me that my liver,loungs,galblader,look good in CT.but i have this pain in the back right uper side of my head that runs down my neck close to 2inches from my ear.So we had to do surgrey again.When the doctor opened me up second time the mass was near the first time,but as he started to cut more he found a second one.....and then a third behind my ear..all three where new and the size of limins.so they cut them out and i lost lymph notes...and nerves.the doctor does not no what is cousing this.so they did test on all 4 mass and lymph notes and there is no cancer.but i am still scard for my life and im only 44 years old and cancer has killed my dad at age 48...and lost my brother last year at age 47.and now it has been a week sence second surgrey and starting to have problems again.how come the doctors have not done a CT of my head.some is cousing these Mass in my neck.....and i can't do a third round of this...the right side of my head hearts and is hot..and it sweets all the time.....and now i have an infection in my neck.what else can go wrong.Im so tired.I just dont care anymore.is there a friend out there for me.....or if you know what is causing these mass in my neck please let me know....please.......Dave

WELCOME TO THE THYROID DISORDERS COMMUNITY!  Others please jump in .. many on this community know the pain of neck incisions  .. Please stop by to say hello to Dave even if you don't have an answer to his specific condition ....

You mention near the thyroid .. have they checked all your thyroid levels throughout this ordeal including your parathyroids before and during the surgery time.

I am so sorry you are going through this.  

I had an abcessed incision after my thyroid surgery coupled with an infectious granuloma 1/4" above the original incision .. I cannot imagine the pain you are in.

MedHelp is a terrific place and many will be here to help you through this difficult time.  

Regards,

Cheryl - Co CL Thyroid Disorders
I would take the slides from pathology and get a second opinion at the best institution you can find.  I meant to post that earlier to you . This is what we do here on thyroid when biopsy results and results of surgery are questionnable or need second opinion to be certain of the findings ?

Cheryl
I agree with Cheryl.

A second opinion would be a good idea.

Thanks for the invite.
Makes it easier to keep in touch.
You can send me a message anytime you want to talk.

I hope your doctors are networking with their colleagues to try and find an answer for you.
Hi Dave. Welcome to our community. I also agree with having a second opinion. When I had my thyroid biopsy I had the slides sent to a teaching hospital for a second opinion.

Stay with us, you will find everyone here is wonderful and caring.
I hope you do get answers to what's going on.  On 'this happened to this person and this happened and this happened...,'  oh, don't go there.  Don't scare yourself like that.  I'm sure though, we have all had those thoughts, I know I have.  We will be here for you to get through it all.  Welcome.
In addition to getting the pathology and slides reviewed by a second, outside source I'd really suggest that you get a PET scan
Yes, a Pet scan would be a wonderful idea that Utah mentions.  That is very important ... probably even moreso than a local CT scan of the neck.

--> Just a reminder to all that the incision you see on Dave's profile is NOT a Thyroid Incision <-----

Dave had major surgery to remove other than thyroid mass ...

Thyroid incisions are in a different area AND are nearly invisible in a year's time and within a few week's time fade dramatically.

I got a few PM's from members in this regard and wanted to clarify this .. if anybody would like to see a thyroid surgical incision, post a ? .. quite a few of us have pics that we can put up in our profile to share.

Dave, your scar will heal nicely .. it looks good for the extent of your surgery .. just needed to clarify for our members the different local, extent of thyroid vs. yours.  

Cheryl - co-cl thyroid