Thyroid Disorders Community
Neck Pain/Spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Neck Pain/Spasms

I have Hoshimoto's with multiple goiter.  I have been having pain/muscle spasms in the front of my neck and the only way to make it go away is to stretch really hard backwards.  My quack says that the thyroid is not the cause of this.  Does anyone else have this problem?
When i had my thyroid gland i would get the same problem and it would throb. The endo didnt believe that it was really doing that but he described hashi like a sunburn to the thyroid( inflamation (inflammation)) and sunburns hurt so it very well could be the case
This is more like someone choking me.  I can't swallow when it is happening.
Sounds like it is consticting your esophagus. Did you ask the doctor? I would get that but my thyroid had grown into every crevis it could in my neck. My goiter was just that way instead of growing outwards. I had some long name called hashimotos thyroiditis with nodulitis.  Hopefully the doctor can do something for you, you should really stress that to  the dr. I had to and they removed mine and since it grew the way it did the surgery was longer and recovery was not as good. Good  luck!
Talk to your "Quack" and demand he send you for an ultrasound, if he refuses, get a new MD.  Good Luck FTB4
My quack is sending me for another ultrasound.  I go tomorrow.  I call her a quack because she is one that goes mainly by TSH.  She only test free T3 and free T4 3 times a year.  This is my 3rd quack, I just can't find a good Endo in my area.  They all seem to busy to actually listen to what you tell them is going on.  After all, who knows what's going on in your body better than you.  My first Endo had me on Synthroid 25 MG but the second one that did a biopsy took me off.  Said that an amount that small wasn't doing anything.  Well, since then my numbers have been all over the place, the nodules have grown and the pressure in the neck has gotten worse by the month.  I have found the first couple times you go to them they act like they care and after that, just drop your money on the desk and leave, they don't have time for your petty problems.
I understand that long name, that is what they are labeling mine too.  Last ultrasound I had 8 nodules, 4 on each size with the largest one being 1.9 cm.  It went from 5mm to 1.4cm in one year.  They did a biopsy on it and it was negative.  The largest one on the other side at that time was 9mm so I am guessing that it has grown too going by the feeling in my throat.  My TSH went from 1.560 to .044 in 6 months but she doesn't seem concerned.  She didn't bother to check the T4 or T3, says it isn't necessary to do each time as long as the TSH is within "normal range".  Time for a new quack that listens to me more than what some number that the so called experts can't even agree on for a "normal range".